Merry Christmas

Old December 18th, 2006, 03:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Bass_Mr.

Default Merry Christmas

Opie, can you tell me how scientologists celebrate Christmas ?
"Opus" wrote in message

"Bob Rickard" wrote in message
t...
Opus, I personally am a Christian Agnostic.

I'm very happy for you.

If seeing those two words together causes you to stupidly giggle,

No, those two words together don't cause me to react in any way,
"stupidly" or otherwise.

then read the book that launched this religion: The Christian Agnostic,
published in 1940 by Lesley D. Weatherhead, a semi-defrocked Episcopalian
Bishop found guilty by many of actually thinking & making sense.

Hey, since you are so moved by books that launch religious movements, you
might be interested in L. Ron Hubbard. Mr. Hubbard launched " the
fastest-growing religion in the world today, Scientology."
http://www.aboutlronhubbard.org/

His book is long out of print, but is still sought-after & available for
many bucks... I just purchased another copy from Amazon.com.

Mr. Hubbards books are wide spread and quite cheap, I hear. I bet
Amozon.con has them too!

To cause you even more giggles,

You never caused me any, but do go on.

my being a Christian Agnostic has caused me to understand, accept &
appreciate Judaism, Muslimism, Buddhism, & all other sincere faiths.

If you take up with the Scientologists, you can some day meet space
aliens! Imagine that, you space aliens hangin' out, havin' a few beers
together. Beware though, the space aliens book, "How to Serve Humans," is
really a cookbook! Don't get on their spaceships with them!

To openly state what I have been hiding, I am now severely terminal,
having been sent home to die by my doctors on Oct. 31st.

Bad break. I just got sent home from the hospital after back surgery, and
I'm afraid it didn't go all that well either. My hands still hurt badly.
However, there is good news! The drugs that they gave me don't cause me
to have delusions of grandeur. Nor do they cause me to want to
proselytize over Usenet. Imagine that?

But... my doctors have been declared me terminal before but my faith keeps
me going as if tomorrow was a sure thing, and for me it is!

Great! I wish you the best. In the future, if you want to have a
serious conversation over Usenet, I suggest that you don't suppose that
you know someones beliefs, better than they themselves, and attempt to *a
better way for them*.
Bob Rickard

PS: Don't be too cheap you buy the book, Opus... you have a lot to learn.

I tell ya what. When you convert to Scientology, I'll buy you favorite
religion's latest publications. At 48 years of age, I find it difficult
to believe that I will learn a great deal from some nutcase in a
newsgroup. Of course we all have a lot to learn about so many things. I,
personally, have alway been fascinated by quantum physics, but I doubt
I'll take it up anytime soon.

Op --amazing, simply amazing!--

Old December 18th, 2006, 01:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
johnval1

"Bob Rickard" wrote in message

Bob, from one Usernet nutcase to another, I wish you a Merry Christmas. I
am sorry to learn of your illness. I can only hope the true spirit of the
season finds a place within you as you go through this.

John