For the PETA folks

Old December 3rd, 2006, 06:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Cyli

Default For the PETA folks

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 21:23:09 -0600, Rodney Long
wrote:

Your friends need to learn how to deer hunt, no chemicals in that great
venison.

Depends on how many grain fields they go into and what's in the soil
in any river bottoms or lakes they eat near and drink from. Though
I'll agree they aren't given antibiotic shots and growth hormone
shots, as regular market animals are.
--

r.bc: vixen
Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher, etc..

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
Old December 3rd, 2006, 05:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Ken Fortenberry

Rodney Long wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Vegetarians are not necessarily PETA kooks. Many vegetarians
I know would gladly eat meat if they could ever find any that
wasn't full of antibiotics, steroids and growth hormones.
Unless you shoot your own meat, or pay outrageous "organic"
prices, drug-free meat is almost impossible to find. And
many vegetarians I know have no problem with leather shoes,
fur coats, hunting, fishing and real science being conducted
on animal subjects. Conflating vegetarians and PETA is dumb.

Well not dumb , but it is true not every veg'y is a PETA idiot, but
every PETA idiot, is a veg'y ...

Well, let me put it this way, if I saw someone wearing that
T-shirt I'd assume he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
And if he was wearing it backwards ... ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old December 3rd, 2006, 08:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Doug

Interesting fact:

Did you know that the human animal actually isn't designed to eat meats.
Our digestive tracts are geared towards a vegetarian diet. Thats why crap
stinks, the meats that we eat don't fully or correctly digest.
Personally, I enjoy steak myself, though!

Doug

"Rodney Long" wrote in message

Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
http://www.ezknot.com

Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 16:02:21 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Rodney Long wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Vegetarians are not necessarily PETA kooks. Many vegetarians
I know would gladly eat meat if they could ever find any that
wasn't full of antibiotics, steroids and growth hormones.
Unless you shoot your own meat, or pay outrageous "organic"
prices, drug-free meat is almost impossible to find. And
many vegetarians I know have no problem with leather shoes,
fur coats, hunting, fishing and real science being conducted
on animal subjects. Conflating vegetarians and PETA is dumb.

Well not dumb , but it is true not every veg'y is a PETA idiot, but
every PETA idiot, is a veg'y ...

Well, let me put it this way, if I saw someone wearing that
T-shirt I'd assume he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
And if he was wearing it backwards ... ;-)

Just consider the source Ken.

If you people wouldn't respond to him I would never know he is out
there. My bit bucket has a tight lid!
Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Doug" wrote in message
Interesting fact:

Did you know that the human animal actually isn't designed to eat meats.
Our digestive tracts are geared towards a vegetarian diet. Thats why crap
stinks, the meats that we eat don't fully or correctly digest.
Personally, I enjoy steak myself, though!

I dunno about that. I grew up on a farm and there's no way you can convince
me that cow, pig and chicken manure doesn't stink. Are you saying that
their digestive tract isn't geared properly?

I'm still convinced that humans are predators and as such, should eat meat.
Take a look at virtually all predatory animals and you'll see that they have
forward facing eyes. Food source animals, i.e. vegetarian animals have eyes
projecting to the side.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

Doug wrote:
Interesting fact:

Did you know that the human animal actually isn't designed to eat meats.
Our digestive tracts are geared towards a vegetarian diet. Thats why crap
stinks, the meats that we eat don't fully or correctly digest.
Personally, I enjoy steak myself, though!

That's completely wrong. Dogs are certainly "designed" to eat meat, and
their crap smells at least as bad as ours.

Old December 3rd, 2006, 11:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fred Lebow

"Well, let me put it this way, if I saw someone wearing that
T-shirt I'd assume he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
And if he was wearing it backwards ... ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry"
--

I choose to kill as few animals as possible! - We eat meat and we can still
buy meat and chicken at the market.

I find no problems ethically or intellectually w Peta
I do NOT think that they are a bunch of idots!

I definitely feel more empathy towards animals than stupid humans -- and the
world is full of the latter!

I definitely agree w the above statement about sharp knives!

Sincerely
Fred

Old December 4th, 2006, 03:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Bass_Mr.

Steve, I know my eyes get real big when I see a nice filet mignon, that's
for sure.
I used to think my poop didn't stink but my wife finally set me straight.

Old December 4th, 2006, 03:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

rw wrote:
Doug wrote:

Interesting fact:

Did you know that the human animal actually isn't designed to eat
meats. Our digestive tracts are geared towards a vegetarian diet.
Thats why crap stinks, the meats that we eat don't fully or correctly
digest.
Personally, I enjoy steak myself, though!

That's completely wrong. Dogs are certainly "designed" to eat meat, and
their crap smells at least as bad as ours ...

.... but they seem to enjoy it more.

Old December 4th, 2006, 05:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Doug

Good points guys! I'm not completely convinced myself either, but I was
always told this growing up, and I always just kind of took it as fact. 1
point that was always brought up to me that stuck was that humans, NEED
fiber in order to pass things thru our digestive tracts, and meat, of
course, contains none. Our canines are not oversized, like all pure
carnivores,but we still have them, unlike sheep.

It might be very well possible that we were actually designed to consume a
mixed diet possibly?? I did a quick search, and it seems that the general
consensus is of mixed opinions as well. Could we have evolved INTO meat
eaters over the last 4 million years?

You're right though Steve, stating the obvious about farm yard animals... I
never really thought about that to tell the truth, but very true.
*scratches head*

Now this is a fact though, that vegetarians are actually 57% less likely to
die from heart disease, or any other coronary infarction, and are far
healthier then their meat eater counterparts.
I actually know a couple vegetarians, and I will say, they are the picture
of health.

On a personal note, I know you don't know me, or hell, might not remember me
as far as that goes, but....
Along the same lines, I know you were having some difficulty in the recent
past, thru the groups here, and hope you have things worked out and your
back to fishing!

Best regards to all,

Doug