Don't let yer meat loaf

Old November 12th, 2003, 08:30 AM
riverman

Default Don't let yer meat loaf

wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:55:54 -0500, "Frank Reid"
moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf wrote:

Rice in a meatloaf?? Do you put peanut butter in chili as well??

Well, it might do the same thing as chocolate in the chili. I'll have to
try it.

Never thought of it _in_ chilli. Hmmm. I like to have a cup of hot
chocolate _with_ it, so it makes sense to me.

Rice in meatloaf sounds okay. I've used bread or oatmeal in it.
Bread in meatloaf is what I grew up on, oatmeal is what I started to
use once when we didn't happen to have a loaf of sacrificial bread
around and sometimes still do.
--

Here's another inside trick: put strawberry jam (or better yet, fresh
strawberries) and fennel in your next spaghetti sauce. About 1 tablespoon of

--riverman

Old November 12th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Wayne Harrison

"B J Conner" wrote in message
Chili in peanut butter has been known to kill people,

hilarious, but somewhat lacking in credibility.

wayno (and don't even *think* about peanut butter in liquid cyanide)

Old November 12th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Wolfgang

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
.com...

.....don't even *think* about peanut butter in liquid cyanide)

Good advice. Not only are peanuts famously allergenic, but recent evidence
suggests there is a powerful carcinogen (whose name escapes me at the
moment) in stale peanut dust......and you never know what went into your
peanut butter.

Wolfgang
saving the world.....one toxin at a time.

Old November 12th, 2003, 01:15 PM
riverman

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
.com...

.....don't even *think* about peanut butter in liquid cyanide)

Good advice. Not only are peanuts famously allergenic, but recent

evidence
suggests there is a powerful carcinogen (whose name escapes me at the
moment) in stale peanut dust......

That would probably be 'Hraughtschytte' (sp). Its an additive in lots of
foods..

--riverman
(on both sides of the pond)

Old November 12th, 2003, 02:33 PM
JR

Wolfgang wrote:

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
.com...

.....don't even *think* about peanut butter in liquid cyanide)

Good advice. Not only are peanuts famously allergenic, but recent evidence
suggests there is a powerful carcinogen (whose name escapes me at the
moment) in stale peanut dust......and you never know what went into your
peanut butter.

Aflatoxin. Affects a lot of folks in semi-arid parts of Africa and
India. Essentially no chance that it finds its way into peanut products
in the U.S. and E.U.

http://www.aflatoxin.info/introduction.asp
Old November 12th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Conan the Librarian

"Wolfgang" wrote in message ...

today's challenge: can ANYBODY think of a bull****, knock together, grab
bag, whatever **** you can find, throw the last rotting dregs from the
refrigerator, if you can't identify it it's a ****ing ingredient, food
that's been the subject of more abject nonsense and militant moronic
"authenticity" than chili (or chilli.....or chile....or whateverthe****, if
you prefer)?

Uh ... meatloaf?

Chuck Vance (whose mom always put chocolate in her chili/meat-sauce)
Old November 12th, 2003, 03:00 PM
BJ Conner

As a lawyer I thought you vulture instincts would know about the young
lady with a peanut allergy that died ( and severarl lawyers who made
bif money sueing the tavern owner who made )as a result of eating
chili with peanut butter somewhere in Pennsylvania. It was 10 or 15
years ago. Peanuts "hidden" in other products have cause problems as
well. Have you noticed that you don't get peanuts ( or anything now
for that matter) on airplanes anymore? Have you noticed the "peanut
free" labels on things?

Old November 12th, 2003, 03:17 PM
rb608

"BJ Conner" wrote in message
om...
Have you noticed that you don't get peanuts ( or anything now
for that matter) on airplanes anymore?

For the sake of anecdotal refutation, I'll mention that as recently as a few
months ago (I don't fly that much anymore), I did indeed get me a couple
bags of those delightful airline goobers on a Southwest flight.

Joe F.

Old November 12th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Tim J.

"BJ Conner" wrote...
As a lawyer I thought you vulture instincts would know about the young
lady with a peanut allergy that died ( and severarl lawyers who made
bif money sueing the tavern owner who made )as a result of eating
chili with peanut butter somewhere in Pennsylvania.

SOTD
--
TL,
Tim

Old November 12th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Scott Seidman

"Wolfgang" wrote in
:

"B J Conner" wrote in message

Rice in a meatloaf?? Do you put peanut butter in chili as well??

Haven't tried it yet. You got a recipe?

Wolfgang
today's challenge: can ANYBODY think of a bull****, knock together,
grab bag, whatever **** you can find, throw the last rotting dregs
from the refrigerator, if you can't identify it it's a ****ing
ingredient, food that's been the subject of more abject nonsense and
militant moronic "authenticity" than chili (or chilli.....or
chile....or whateverthe****, if you prefer)?

Egg cream afficianados often vehemently criticize poor immitations.
Pizza, too, is a subject of much discourse. Outside of NYC, I'm
routinely disappointed in both-- the prior by its complete abscense
(alas, they're difficult to find now, even in Brooklyn), and the latter
by its quality.

Scott