Don't let yer meat loaf

Old November 12th, 2003, 05:21 PM
rw

Default Don't let yer meat loaf

It appears that the fishing is very slow across all of North America. :-)

Old November 12th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Stan Gula

"Francis Reid" wrote in message
A square of unsweetened baking chocolate in tomato based sauces (i.e.
chili or spaghetti) brings the spices together in a wonderful way. You
don't taste the chocolate (its a small amount), but the difference is
very noticeable. Learned this from my Mexican baby sitter when I was
9. I taught her Englitch and she taught me how to cook.
Frank

I'm self taught (speaking and cooking) but that's the same thing I do - a
square of Baker's Unsweetened, or a tablespoon or 2 of Hershey's Cocoa.
But, not always. Why settle for consistency.

Old November 12th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Wolfgang

"Francis Reid" wrote in message

Rice in a meatloaf?? Do you put peanut butter in chili as

well??

Well, it might do the same thing as chocolate in the chili. ...

I bet that there's another fly-by-day story behind this...

A square of unsweetened baking chocolate in tomato based sauces

(i.e.
chili or spaghetti) brings the spices together in a wonderful way.

You
don't taste the chocolate (its a small amount), but the difference

is
very noticeable. Learned this from my Mexican baby sitter when I

was
9. I taught her Englitch and she taught me how to cook.
Frank

And chocolate is, of course, the distinctive ingredient in the classic
molé poblano.....for which there are also many recipes. The one I use
actually has quite a bit of chocolate....I use Hershey's cocoa because
it's what I have....and the flavor comes through strongly.

Wolfgang

Old November 12th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Danl

"B J Conner" wrote in message
Rice in a meatloaf?? Do you put peanut butter in chili as well??

BJ, if you think rice in *meatloaf* is crazy, there is a large Midwest based
company that, now get this, puts rice in BEER! WAIT WAIT WAIT! That's not
the really weird part. There are certain people who will not only drink the
stuff, but these folk will actually praise this beverage as some bizzaro
world pinnacle of the beer world. These same folks will rail on, ad nauseum,
about being purists about other things, i.e. Italian toast and dry fly
fishing. What a world, what a world!

Danl

Old November 12th, 2003, 08:31 PM
BJ Conner

"Tim J." wrote in message ...
"BJ Conner" wrote...
As a lawyer I thought you vulture instincts would know about the young
lady with a peanut allergy that died ( and severarl lawyers who made
bif money sueing the tavern owner who made )as a result of eating
chili with peanut butter somewhere in Pennsylvania.

SOTD

Rewritten just for you.
Wayne
As a lawyer I thought your vulture instincts would trigger your memory
of the young lady in Pennsylvania who died as a result of eating chili
that was made with peanut butter. It's been awhile but if I remember
correctly the family got enough to bury her, the tavern owner and his
insurance company were picked clean and the only winners were the
lawyers ( on both sides of course). That incident and others have
lead to the labeling of foods such that one may know they are "peanut
free". . The are several reason for all this: 1.) There seem to be
more people who have allergic reactions to peanuts ( and other nuts)
2.) There is still a lawyer under every rock, and 3.) Processors are
putting peanuts in food and not listing as an ingredients
Have you noticed that you don't get peanuts ( or anything now for that
matter) on airplanes anymore? Have you noticed the "peanut free"
labels on foods?
I understand the military does not accept anyone with an allergy to
nuts of any kind. The next generation of Chicken hawks won't have to
be embarrassed with saying they had a Pilonidal Cyst, their family
doctor can just certify them allergic to nuts.
Old November 12th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Frank Reid

its like adding lemon to
guacamole...you wonder how you ever survived without it.

Cretin! Its lime in quac!
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old November 12th, 2003, 08:58 PM
SnakeFiddler

To those connoisseurs of chili and peanut butter: you might want to consider
a wonderful delicacy offered at the La Casa Gelato in Vancouver,
B.C.-Chocolate- Chili flavored gelato-yum!

B J Conner wrote in message
Chili in peanut butter has been known to kill people,
I had something the other day in a Thai restaurant that had peanut butter
and chili in it but it wasn't chili, it was...... pretty good.
"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"B J Conner" wrote in message

Rice in a meatloaf?? Do you put peanut butter in chili as well??

Haven't tried it yet. You got a recipe?

Wolfgang
today's challenge: can ANYBODY think of a bull****, knock together,

grab
bag, whatever **** you can find, throw the last rotting dregs from the
refrigerator, if you can't identify it it's a ****ing ingredient, food
that's been the subject of more abject nonsense and militant moronic
"authenticity" than chili (or chilli.....or chile....or whateverthe****,

if
you prefer)?

Old November 12th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Willi

Tim J. wrote:

I've yet to be served the same stuff twice, though. I guess
I'm lucky to get served anything at all.

You've got that right! I'm ALWAYS grateful when someone cooks me a meal.

I learned the hard way, a long time ago, not to complain about the food
that someone cooked for me.

These food threads always make my mouth water.

Willi

Old November 12th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Wolfgang

"Willi" wrote in message

Tim J. wrote:

I've yet to be served the same stuff twice, though. I guess
I'm lucky to get served anything at all.

You've got that right! I'm ALWAYS grateful when someone cooks me a meal.

I learned the hard way, a long time ago, not to complain about the food
that someone cooked for me.

You got that right......the best bit of advice anyone ever gave or received
is, "ALWAYS be nice to the cook!"

Wolfgang
and it ain't just a matter of getting good stuff.......there's another,
darker, flip side that we don't talk about.........

Old November 12th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Guyz-N-Flyz

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
You got that right......the best bit of advice anyone ever gave or

received
is, "ALWAYS be nice to the cook!"

Wolfgang
and it ain't just a matter of getting good stuff.......there's another,
darker, flip side that we don't talk about.........

RATS! With long nasty fangs?

Op