I'm pathetic

Old September 19th, 2003, 05:13 PM
Larry L

Default I'm pathetic

"Ernie" NO_ wrote

Interesting Larry,
Were you fishing with a dry fly or nymph?
Ernie

http://www.kimshew.com/flyfish/displ....php?log_id=66

Old September 19th, 2003, 07:08 PM
Ernie

Nice report Larry,
The reason I asked is that all the years I have fished the rivers in the
Sierra Nevada Mountains I have only caught one hatchery trout on a dry fly.
It was a holdover from the previous year, which in its self is a rarity.
They don't usually survive the harsh winters. In a foot hill pond like you
were fishing, they do survive and become smart enough to eat something
besides Alpo.
Ernie

Old September 19th, 2003, 07:39 PM
rw

Larry Linthicum wrote:

But, dangit, I just can't convince myself I want to drive for nearly two
hours

I drove 2400 miles in the past week for fishing -- from Stanley to
Boseman to pick up Warren, then to the Bighorn to meet up with Snoop and
Kevin and Willi, and then to Issaqua (near Seattle) with Warren to fish
for pinks with Chas, and then back to Stanley, arriving in the early
hours of this morning. It was a blast.

Old September 19th, 2003, 07:45 PM
Larry L

"rw" wrote

I drove 2400 miles in the past week for fishing --

Damn, after reading that I need a back rub and nap G

I used to drive from Modesto to Roberts Id ( just North of Idaho Falls ) and
back home, for the weekend to run a field trial. For that I drove ALL day
the day before and the day after the event. But, anything less than 8
hours, one way, I considered a "local event," and I'd do all the driving at
night after a normal work week, then again late Sunday to be home to work
Monday. And I ran 25 or more such events a year. Indeed, I used to put on
lots and lots of miles for my biz. Maybe that is why I hate driving so
much now.

And, although I'm sure your fishing was a "blast," I seriously doubt the
driving was G. Plus, I think you and many others here in Roffiville enjoy
fishing more than myself, or the "camaraderie." I need a pretty good
"fun return" on my "hassle investment" to motivate me ... 4 hours of driving
for 2 hours of fishing ain't going to do it :-) ... and I nearly always fish
alone, so "camaraderie" isn't part of my normal fishing adventure.