Expensive nothing

Old March 1st, 2006, 11:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Expensive nothing

My local river fishes best in January, most years. This year it was a
raging torrent and I never even bought a license.

Last friday, my buddy with a fly shop told me the water had just been
dropped. I drove the 7miles down there and sure enough, it looked low
enough to drift and expect to catch some fish. So I went and spent the
$45+ to get a license.

I don't go out on weekends (anti-social tendencies ), unless forced to, but
I packed and planned a float for Monday. Starting Sunday night and into
Monday it rained hard again, too hard to want to go out fishing. Today the
river is back at 4 times the flow that I consider fishable .... hope Arnold
can find a good use for my money.

Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Larry L wrote:
My local river fishes best in January, most years. This year it was a
raging torrent and I never even bought a license.

Last friday, my buddy with a fly shop told me the water had just been
dropped. I drove the 7miles down there and sure enough, it looked low
enough to drift and expect to catch some fish. So I went and spent the
$45+ to get a license.

I don't go out on weekends (anti-social tendencies ), unless forced to, but
I packed and planned a float for Monday. Starting Sunday night and into
Monday it rained hard again, too hard to want to go out fishing. Today the
river is back at 4 times the flow that I consider fishable .... hope Arnold
can find a good use for my money.

Maybe I'm missing something............

Don't the funds from your license go to the Game and Fish Department?

Isn't this a good thing?

So now you're not going to fish anywhere in CA for the rest of the year?

Willi
Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 16:25:26 -0700, Willi
wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something............

Yeah, uh, me too.

Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Willi" wrote

Don't the funds from your license go to the Game and Fish Department?

Isn't this a good thing?

Yeah it's a good thing ..... I don't begrudge the money, just a little
bummed out about missing the only time of the year that I fish in
California. I may fish in the state later, but probably not ... I fished
three days in this state last year.

Didn't mean to come off as a big grump ... just a natural consequence of
being one G

Old March 2nd, 2006, 10:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Larry L wrote:
... So I went and spent the
$45+ to get a license. ...

DOH !! I just spent $63 for an out-of-state Wisconsin license
plus trout stamp and it expires in 29 days !! Gawd, (that's
for you, Wolfie ;-), am I stupid !!

As it was printing out on the printer I thought, what's with
that big *05* ? Anyway, too late now, did I say, Gawd, am I
stupid ?

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old March 2nd, 2006, 11:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Larry L wrote:
... So I went and spent the
$45+ to get a license. ...

DOH !! I just spent $63 for an out-of-state Wisconsin license
plus trout stamp and it expires in 29 days !! Gawd, (that's
for you, Wolfie ;-), am I stupid !!

As it was printing out on the printer I thought, what's with
that big *05* ? Anyway, too late now, did I say, Gawd, am I
stupid ?

Call the folks issuing the license within 24 hours

Old March 2nd, 2006, 11:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Wayne Knight wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
DOH !! I just spent $63 for an out-of-state Wisconsin license
plus trout stamp and it expires in 29 days !! Gawd, (that's
for you, Wolfie ;-), am I stupid !!

As it was printing out on the printer I thought, what's with
that big *05* ? Anyway, too late now, did I say, Gawd, am I
stupid ?

Call the folks issuing the license within 24 hours

Yeah, what the hell. I was gonna go fishing between now and
the end of March anyway, so may as well do it in Wisconsin,
now that I have the license and all. The plan was to fish
in Minnesota this time, but stupidity rules ... so me and
the hound will fish Wisconsin. It's not what I intended, but
what the hell ... what's done is done and what's bought is
bought.

My eyes will be healed enough to get their final prescription
on the 14th. I plan to be fishing soon, very soon, thereafter.

--
Ken Fortenberry