Hurricane byline for the Air Force crowd

Old September 20th, 2003, 01:01 AM
Frank Reid

Default Hurricane byline for the Air Force crowd

So when did you git out of the air farce?

Lissen, wayne, don't make fun of the Air Force.

You may not realize this, but it's the largest paramilitary
organization in the entire world!

Semper Fi!

Mud sucker. You're just jealous 'cause the Air Force enlisted guys are wise
enough to send their officers out to get shot at.
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old September 20th, 2003, 02:39 AM
vincent p. norris

Lissen, wayne, don't make fun of the Air Force.

You may not realize this, but it's the largest paramilitary
organization in the entire world!

Semper Fi!

Mud sucker.

Nope, I was an aviator, Frank.

vince
Old September 20th, 2003, 03:54 AM
slenon

For all you squids, soldiers and other volunteers, revillie will be at 0600.
For you marines, get out of bed when Mickey's big hand......

----
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar
Save a cow, eat a PETA

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/i...age92kword.htm

Old September 20th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Frank Reid

Nope, I was an aviator, Frank.

Okay, mud sucker aviator... By the way, the best commander I had in my 23
years was a Marine. 5'4" lady LtCol. Watched her chew out a troupie (after
I got him out of jail) without ever raising her voice. Had me sweating
bullets on the sidelines and I was out of the line of fire.
Modern military, the only thing different about the services is uniform
(well, there is that Air Force/Coast Guard sharing kind of thing), and the
performance reports. You can be an Air Force with a chain of command (only
going up 4 steps) that has all the other services in it.
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old September 21st, 2003, 01:59 AM
vincent p. norris

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 02:54:02 GMT, "slenon"
wrote:

For all you squids, soldiers and other volunteers, revillie will be at 0600.

Stev, we marines know it isn't spelled "revillie." (:-))

vince
Old September 21st, 2003, 02:21 AM
slenon

Stev, we marines know it isn't spelled "revillie." (:-))
vince

I stand corrected by my comrade from the Corps. Thanks for catching my
proof reading oversight.

----

Old September 21st, 2003, 02:24 AM
vincent p. norris

Modern military, the only thing different about the services is uniform

Frank, I sure hope that came about as a result of bringing the other
services up to Marine Corps standards, not the other way!

To get serious for a moment, if you want to read about the difference
between the 1st Marine Division and the army units up at the Chosin
Reservoir, have a look at _Breakout_, by Martin Russ.

You can be an Air Force with a chain of command (only
going up 4 steps) that has all the other services in it.

One of my flight instructors at Pensacola in 1949 was an Air Force
pilot on exchange duty. Another instructor, whom to my regret I never
had the pleasure to fly with, was an RAF pilot.

vince