Bush privatization bad for parks

Old September 21st, 2003, 06:10 AM
Fair & Balanced Trebor ©

Default Bush privatization bad for parks

On 14 Aug 2003 14:46:16 -0700, (deerlodge)
wrote:

http://www.abqtrib.com/archives/opin...ns_edtue.shtml

Low-bid privatization won't do for our parks
Finally, people with a bit of clout, knowledge and elegance - two
former secretaries of the Department of the Interior - are speaking
against the Bush administration's plans to turn the National Park
Service into some sort of privately run Enron, managed by private
companies for private profit.

There should be no sacred cows in this country, but our national parks
come about as close to one as we should get.

The national parks belong to the people and should be held, protected
and managed as closely as possible "of, by and for" them. The parks
are as essential to our character as a nation as are the Declaration
of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. And America should continue
to protect, manage and enjoy them with strict accountability - not
just from public employees to the public, but from this generation to
the next.

that sounds good but the fact is that our govenment is owned by
corporations so there is no reason the national parks shouldn't be
also. everything will eventually be "privately" owned, which means
owned by wealthy corporations, which is the government "of, by and
for" the rich people. Republicans are in power, so get used to it.