product ideas

Old May 27th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Cath Fleetwood

Default product ideas

"Sarennah" wrote

Possible market: approx one half the population.

Err no actually, some of us have mastered the art of using simple tools and
would sooner die than buy a girlie tool set!

What I would like though is a gadget that pops the tyres of cars that
overtake within an inch of my horse and something to frighten the life out
of cyclists who whoosh up behind us silently and then overtake frightening

Old May 27th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Roos Eisma

"Cath Fleetwood" writes:

Err no actually, some of us have mastered the art of using simple tools and
would sooner die than buy a girlie tool set!

And some of us are bigger and stronger than a lot of men anyway :-)

Roos
Old May 27th, 2004, 11:36 AM
DocDelete

"SteveH" wrote in message

Please point to the law / section of the Highway Code that outlaws
'undertaking'.

It's acceptable to "undertake" if the traffic stream in your lane is moving
faster than the traffic streams in others.

If the knobs on the Brum section of the M6 want to sit bumper-to-bumper, and
get sunburnt by flashing brakelights that's their choice - me? I prefer
sitting in that "empty tract" of an inside lane at a pleasant 55mph (rather
than an erratic 20 - 65 in the other lanes) until I'm well clear of the West
Mids.

To the original poster: perhaps we need some sort of device that shoots farm
silage from bonnet mounted cannons at anyone on a mobile phone while
driving? Or, a little sticker (or anal cattle prod) reminding drivers that
the use of indicators is mandatory, not optional.

--
Ken Davidson
DocDelete

---

Old May 27th, 2004, 11:41 AM
DocDelete

"Sarennah" wrote in message
om...

OT - general tools suitable for women-sized hands and designed to give
extra leverage where necessary to compensate for the typical
difference in strength, and particularly hand strength, between men
and women. Egs, screwdriver, electric drill.

That's surely down to the physical strength of the *individual* not their
sex or size. I know many blokes who have extreme difficulty even picking up
a screwdriver or drill, let alone using it.

--
Ken Davidson
DocDelete

---

Old May 27th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Mark South

"Roos Eisma" wrote in message
"Cath Fleetwood" writes:

Err no actually, some of us have mastered the art of using simple tools and
would sooner die than buy a girlie tool set!

And some of us are bigger and stronger than a lot of men anyway :-)

We're back to Dutch culture again, aren't we? :-) :-)

But think of the fashion benefits. And the manufacturers could sell owners a
new tool set every season, like the wheel manufacturers do now.

On the practical side, I would suggest a functional bottom bracket gearing
system that is robust, weighs the same as a medium quality cartridge BB, costs
about £20, and provides 3 to 5 speeds.

This would transform the world of folding bikes and enable city bikes to be
built with maximal cleanliness and hub brakes etc etc.
--
Mark South
Citizen of the World, Denizen of the Net

Old May 27th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Jonathan Halsall

Following on from Chris's message. . .
I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part of
which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to prototype

stage.
The product has to be original, or better designed, than any similar

product
on the market. I am posting this message to a number of newsgroups in

the
hope that someone will have a problem with a product they use, or can't

find
a product to suit their requirements in the market place. I would

appreciate
any (sensible) suggestions.

A low cost, easy to operate, and ever handy device of blocking views of
accidents, broken down cars or other incidents. This is accomplished by an
accident shield device unit installed in the boot of official vehicles which
can be assembled by a single person in a few minutes. The unit consists of a
screen which is large enough to prevent most passersby (motorists or
pedestrians) from viewing the scene. As a result, this device aids in
maintaining traffic flow and safety by preserving the natural momentum of
traffic and keeping other drivers focused on traffic conditions, rather than
the accident scene or stricken vehicle.

- this is from an American's patent:

http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=US6036249

- I invented it too about the same time but he patented it first - ah,
well... I was really excited by the idea though and I've never seen one used
in the UK. Think of all the traffic jams on the motorway you've been in that
have been caused by an incident on the other carriageway; you get to the
front of the queue and damn, you've done it too - the road in front is
clear!

Or, what about an in car imobiliser system that when a thief imobilises me
by stealing my car, imobilises he/she by chopping their legs off? I expect
you'd have to put warning stickers on the windows and mention if to vallet
parking attendents...

Or, come up with a method of manufacturing a low cost Jaguar E-Type bonnet.

Jon.

Old May 27th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Jonathan Halsall

snip
How about an effective means of delivering courtesy messages to other road
users? (i.e. I'm am ceading my priority, thank you and so on.)

The Police have these. I saw Range Rover with an LED display board like you
see in doctor's waiting rooms displaying messages like "turn your fog lamps
off" or "put your seat belts on", perhaps also "pull over, you're nicked"
:-)

Jon.

Old May 27th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Cath Fleetwood wrote:

What I would like though is a gadget that pops the tyres of cars that
overtake within an inch of my horse and something to frighten the
life out of cyclists who whoosh up behind us silently and then
overtake frightening the life out of said horse. Only kidding by
the way :-))

No kidding, really. I am very careful around horses - they really hate my
bike. An inexperienced horse can get badly spooked. I always talk to the
riders as I approach (another advantage of not being in a tin box!)

--
Guy
===

Victory is ours! Down with Eric the Half A Brain!

Old May 27th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Jonathan Halsall wrote:

A low cost, easy to operate, and ever handy device of blocking views
of accidents, broken down cars or other incidents.

Aha! An SEP field generator!

--
Guy
===