Acadia Sports, Inc.

Old August 13th, 2007, 01:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Blevins

Default Acadia Sports, Inc.

I know someone from this group recommended spinning reels by Arcadia Sports
Inc but I can't remember who. Anyway I'm looking to buy a couple to
replace a Diawa Capricorn and a Shimano Sedona and was looking for a update
on how the reels you bought were doing ?
Thanks
Ken

Old August 13th, 2007, 05:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Ken Blevins" wrote in message
news
I know someone from this group recommended spinning reels by Arcadia
Sports Inc but I can't remember who. Anyway I'm looking to buy a couple
to replace a Diawa Capricorn and a Shimano Sedona and was looking for a
update on how the reels you bought were doing ?
Thanks
Ken

I think it was Ardent that Joe reccomended.
http://www.ardentoutdoors.com

They are a completely US made reel.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old August 14th, 2007, 01:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Haubenreich

Default Acadia Sports, Inc. - product review

I had a chance to test a couple new Acadia rods and reels on a
camping/fishing vacation up on Dale Hollow recently. One of my brothers
bought them the week before and we put about ten hours of use into them over
a three-day period.

Reels: http://www.acadiasports.com/reels.asp?ru=0&v=&f=c
I fished with the Acadia ES-100, which is larger than Shimano's 2500 series
and is about as big a reel as I would recommend to any black bass angler.
The EX-200 won't see much action, unless I decide to take up catfishing.

This is a nice-looking reel. The position of the handle was just a little
different -- might take a little getting used to. However, the action was
smooth, rotor balance was perfect, and the reel is well-built. I anticipate
it will be more durable than my Abu, Shimano, Shakespeare, and other
spinning reels. Comes with a felt pouch and two spools.

I'm glad to see that Acadia is offering a smaller size — the ES-50. That one
looks better suited for drop-shotting, float-n-fly, and skipping soft
plastics.

For the price, I don't think there is another reel on the market that comes
close to offering the same value. It's made in China, in case that sort of
thing is important to you.

(Interesting to learn how many U.S. manufacturers are moving production back
to the states after trying Chinese sources for a year or two. China has just
imposed some export duties and is removing wage supports that have helped
keep their prices low, so expect to see Chinese-made merchandise price
increases soon. If you're thinking about Acadia rods and reels, don't wait
another week.)

Rods: I tested two P-series (P for Premium, "F" is for "first -- but both
are premium rods in my opinion) spinning rods. Both 2-piece rods came in
Cordura-covered hard cases... very nice. Good construction, nice balance,
the guides were very close to perfect in relation to the spine and the bend
of the rod. Getting two rods for the price of one (their introductory offer)
makes these too inexpensive to pass up. If you forego the rod tubes, you'll
save $15 on each rod purchased. That's two rods, which I would categorize as
excellent, for $65.

I haven't tried the F-series rods on the water, but I've hefted them and
tested their feel in a lodge in Arkansas, and I like them, too. You can buy
two of those for $40 at this time. Each rod comes with a hard case (not
Cordura-covered, though).

RPS-601-L is a 6-foot, Light-power rod. I liked it, especially for fishing
from a Kayak on the Obey River. My brother, who bought all this equipment,
caught a lot of trout on this rod before losing the top section. As he
floated down the river, focusing on casting and not too much on the
overhanging trees, his rod was stuck in a holder behind the seat. It was
leaning back at a slight angle and usually was no problem; however, his line
snagged on a branch and as the current swept him downstream, the pull
separated the rod's upper section from the lower. When the 6-pound line
snapped, that section dropped into the swift, dark water.

This actually created an opportunity for Acadia to showcase its world-class
customer service. After that weekend, my brother placed another order for
some more rods, and he asked when he had them on the phone if he could
purchase a replacement rod section. They sent him the piece at no charge.
That is most unusual, in my experience.

RPS-661-ML - This 6'6" 2-piece rod is one I would be content to use for lake
fishing when I plan to use heavier line and throw larger lures. I liked it
just fine. Light-weight, good components, nice balance... another fine
choice. I'd recommend it.

Incidentally, my brother and I agree that in the future he will order only
their one-piece rods, which he did on his follow-up order. Having a couple
of two-piece rods broken down and behind the seat of the pickup is handy,
but we both prefer the feel and security of the single blanks.

Tackle Bag: If you're a tournament back-seater, jon-boat angler, or like to
organize your tackle for travel, consider the Acadia Sports Tackle Bag.
http://www.acadiasports.com/misc.asp?ru=0&v=&f=c

I've seen two of these now, and they are sturdy, well-designed storage
cases. A rigid compartment for eyeglasses, plenty of outside access, a
large, deep section on top for reels, spools of line, rain gear, etc. Lots
of nice features, and their price is better than bags in their general class
that you might pick up at Bass Pro Shops. The $45 price includes four
full-size tackle trays, which are worth about $10 right there. Another good
bargain.

Overall, I'd recommend Acadia rods, reels, and tackle bag to any serious
bass angler.

Joe

news I know someone from this group recommended spinning reels by Arcadia Sports

Old August 14th, 2007, 05:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Andrew Horvath

I have 2 ACADIA P model 6ft 6inch mh baitcasting rods, they are well
built, sic guides, exposed blank reel seat, nice rods for the money

Old August 15th, 2007, 11:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Fishking

Thanks Joe, that's what i was looking for. I'm gonna order some rods and
give a reel a shot too. I'll have to pass on the bag, it looks nice but hard
to beat the okeechobee fats bag I have. The okee is simply an awesome tackle
bag, it comes with I think 6 boxes at the same price and all the same
features. Looking forward to getting the rods

--
WWW.GOTOBAITS.COM
PREMIUM HAND POURED BAITS