Pflueger Trion

Old May 17th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Bucket Mouth

Default Pflueger Trion

I was just wondering if anyone has ever fish with one of these.

I use mostly Curados, but I have talked to a few people who actually
like the Pflueger Trion better.

I'm thinking about getting one, but I'd like to hear more feedback.
Thanks....

BM

Old May 17th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Bob La Londe

I recently purchased a Pflueger President and its ok. I'll wait to see how
it holds up. I have several Pflueger Trion spinning reels and the work just
fine, but I don't have a Pflueger Trion baitcaster. I kinda got the
impression that the Trion was basically the low end of the Pflueger reels
with the Supreme being the next step up and the president being the best.
Only time will tell of course.

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index

webmaster
at
YumaBsssMan
dot
com

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Bucket Mouth

I know the Trion is $100...if thats the low-end.

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:39 AM
IMKen

Pflueger reels are made in China. I was about to purchase a President
until I learned that.

ken

Old May 18th, 2004, 04:43 AM
MaceoW

I don't have one, and like you use the Curado. I could not believe just how
smooth that reel is. I am going to get one this week and break it in on
Friday...

Old May 18th, 2004, 06:14 AM
MMccoy01

They're make in Korea. I have a Pflueger Supreme (The BPS version of the Trion)
and it's as smooth or smoother than a Curado. I doubt that it will last as
long, but it sure is a pleasure to fish with now.

Mark McCoybr
McCoy's Market Bumpus Mills, Tennesseebr
http://www.mccoysmarket.com

Old May 22nd, 2004, 04:11 AM
IMKen

You say Korea and that is probably the way your reel is marked. I sent a
letter to Pflueger a couple weeks ago and asked if they had any models
manufactured in USA. They came back to me with this answer "All our reels
are now made in China"

Anyway, one can not complain about he, she or their offspring losing a job
if they purchase "Made in Someplace else".

Buy Made In U.S.A.

Ken

Old May 22nd, 2004, 04:52 AM
MMccoy01

I guess they found cheaper labor in China. Mine is last year's model and it's
marked Korea.

Old May 22nd, 2004, 05:02 AM
Bucket Mouth

I could care less if they're made in the USA, China, Korea, Japan or
where ever.....as long as it is high quality.

Obviously I'd rather buy stuff made in America.

Let me ask you this. Would you rather buy something of very high quality
thats made over seas, or something with so-so quality thats made in the
USA? I'll take the higher quality thank you....