Kill File in Google Reader? and Message to Beancounter

Old January 7th, 2010, 02:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default "No surprise that life's road can feel different . . . in crappyshoes

On 2010-01-05 18:51:02 -0500, "Tom Littleton" said:

"David LaCourse" wrote in message
*They truly need help, but many have made
bad decisions and continue to make more bad decisions, and ride the system
for all it's worth. They are happy with their lives, afaik, and wouldn't
change if it meant working for what they get.

and, if you wonder, THIS is the absolute piece of stupidity that drew my
ire. You dare to call yourself a Christian?? Judge not, lest......etc, etc.

Get off your high horse, Rev. Tom. *They *have* made bad decisions, and
*continue* to make bad decisions. *And they seem happy. *I talk at
length with many of them and they seem like happy people. *But the U.S.
Government has supported them for years and years. *It has become a way
of life. *I am not, nor do I mean, to judge anyone of these people. *
Their choices in life were bad. *If that is judging them, then I am
guilty. *But, your words come right back at you, Tom. *You're judging
me. *No mistaking that!

Ah! They're happy! Happy, happy, happy!

g.
who has never before wished so strenuously to be a welfare
queen.....with a bad perm.
Old January 7th, 2010, 02:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jan 5, 10:45*pm, MajorOz wrote:
On Jan 5, 5:51*pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:

"David LaCourse" wrote in message

*They truly need help, but many have made

bad decisions and continue to make more bad decisions, and ride the system
for all it's worth. They are happy with their lives, afaik, and wouldn't
change if it meant working for what they get.

and, if you wonder, THIS is the absolute piece of stupidity that drew my
ire. You dare to call yourself a Christian?? Judge not, lest......etc, etc.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tom

Observations are not judgments.

cheers

oz

And judgments are not observations.

On the other hand, an idiot is pretty much a moron.

Imbecile.

g.
Old January 7th, 2010, 10:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton[_2_]

hell, Giles. My one exchange with David got you enough material for a string
of posts. I suppose, at the root of it, I should neither be surprised that
Dave will stretch the truth, or make suppositions, to make some supposed
political point. It's probably my mistake to bother pointing them out.
Still, little in these sorts of exchanges irks me more than the old chestnut
of, "The Poor like being poor and getting handouts. It's a lifestyle
choice." More patent bull**** cannot be slung, and yet, so many seemingly
otherwise decent people entertain themselves(or assuage their dwindling
consciences) with this very notion.
Tom

Old January 8th, 2010, 01:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2010-01-05 21:34:54 -0500, Giles said:

On Jan 5, 4:39*am, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
"David LaCourse" wrote in message

hmmm.....we have a 5 year limit on welfare, since the '90s
and they're 3rd generation??

Depends on what kind of welfare. *Remember, you're talking to someo

ne
with a lifetime of first hand experience.

Yes, along with Frank Reid and every retired military person out there

.

Could you expand, somewhat, on your intended meaning, please?

Wolfgang, aka Giles, has called me a welfare queen for several years. *
He refers to my military retirement as welfare.

And, yes, he is bitter about it.

Frank Reid is also retired from the military. *What is good for me must
also apply to my friend Frank.

Thank you.

It fits his general demeanor -- a wanna-be who never was.

cheers

oz, USAF (BSC), ret.

Yeah, a wanna-be sumtin or other.

Hey, ain't it grand to get that retirement check every month. wink
wink Free medical with TriCare for Life. PX/commissary privs. big

I retired when I was 38, so there was plenty of time for a civilian
career. I retired from GTE (now Verizon) after 19 years with one of
those golden parachute buy-outs. I was still young enough for yet
another career teaching cops (State Police in VT and MA) high
performance driving/pursuit training. It was one of those jobs were
you say to yourself, "They are actually *paying* me $400/day plus
expenses to do this?" Anyway, I retired from doing that while in my
60s and do nothing now, at age 72, except collect three different
pensions, play with the grand kids, fish and play golf.

Joanne and I are on the road, on our way to a new winter home in
Georgia. We are in Roanoke, VA (697 miles from Mass. in 10 hours) at
bro-in-law. We'll finish the rest of the trip tomorrow. Supposed to
snow!

Be well

Old January 8th, 2010, 02:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2010-01-07 17:24:07 -0500, "Tom Littleton" said:

hell, Giles. My one exchange with David got you enough material for a string
of posts. I suppose, at the root of it, I should neither be surprised that
Dave will stretch the truth, or make suppositions, to make some supposed
political point. It's probably my mistake to bother pointing them out.
Still, little in these sorts of exchanges irks me more than the old chestnut
of, "The Poor like being poor and getting handouts. It's a lifestyle
choice." More patent bull**** cannot be slung, and yet, so many seemingly
otherwise decent people entertain themselves(or assuage their dwindling
consciences) with this very notion.
Tom

What a crock of ****, Littleton. Get off your high horse and do
something besides talk liberal ****. Get out there. Meet and serve
those less fortunate than you. Many of the men and women I meet two or
three times a week at the pantry *are* satisfied with their lives, or
at least do not complain about their lot in life. Thanks to your
savior Obama, the unemployment rolls are getting higher, and more and
more people are using any services they can find. These people are NOT
happy. They are down right discouraged, and VERY ANGRY at the fools in
Washington. But the street person who hasn't worked in gawdknowswhen,
you know the one that smells and hasn't bathed in awhile, seems
content. He/she is good natured, quick to be your friend, and is more
than overjoyed for anything you can do for him/her. Ya ever hugged
someone like that, Tom? Ever shake their hand? You probably couldn't
without wanting to wash their filth off of you. You are the one that
is pathetic, Tom. You hide behind your politics saying to yourself, "I
voted for The Man, The Big O. He'll fix everything. I don't have to
look at, serve, or touch these unwashed people. Obama will do it for
me." Horse puckies.

Get out and do it yourself, Tom. Biden, your hero (who makes Dan
Quayle look like a genius) will help you I am sure. Not all the people
are as I have described them above, but they are out there. And there
are others, Tom, the ANGRY ones. You will hear more from them very
soon.

David
(And you kiss ass better than anyone I've ever met. You disappoint me, Thomas)

Old January 8th, 2010, 03:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 7-Jan-2010, David LaCourse wrote:

?" Anyway, I retired from doing that while in my
60s and do nothing now, at age 72, except collect three different
pensions, play with the grand kids, fish and play golf.

Sounds good to me except for the golf.
You have my congratulations and wishes for best of luck.

I am on the brink of retirement myself right now.

Fred
Old January 8th, 2010, 04:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Old January 8th, 2010, 05:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
MajorOz

On 2010-01-07 17:24:07 -0500, "Tom Littleton" said:

[...]

Interesting you should bring him up. Regardless of the gotcha games
aimed at DQ, he was respected, by one and all, as a senator. His
primary accomplishment in Congress, the Job Training and Partnership
Act (JTPA) probably did more for unemployed and underemployed people
in this nation than any federal program since the GI Bill. It also
created many of the thousands of technically qualified workers at
exactly the time they were needed.

But........that doesn't fit with the late nite wisdom one sees on TV.

cheers

oz, watching the temp drop......
Old January 8th, 2010, 05:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
MajorOz

On 2010-01-05 21:34:54 -0500, Giles said:

[...]

Dave

You have / had more ambition than I have / had. I taught at uni. for
six years, went back for GI Bill (gotta suck up every dollar), and
then decided work was a four letter word, and prowled the world for
the next 15 years, with a rice-burner 4X4 in North America and a back
pack on three other continents. Just send the retirement check to
Chas. Schwab and watch it grow (with a bit of active management here
and there).

Settled here ten years ago, simply as a base for more travel, and
found music, more fishing, and the love of my life.

Life is good

cheers

oz
Old January 8th, 2010, 05:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
MajorOz

On Jan 7, 9:31*pm, "Fred" wrote:
On *7-Jan-2010, David LaCourse wrote:

?" *Anyway, I retired from doing that while in my
60s and do nothing now, at age 72, except collect three different
pensions, play with the grand kids, fish and play golf.

Sounds good to me except for the golf.
You have my congratulations and wishes for best of luck.

I am on the brink of retirement myself right now.

Fred

Recommendation: In addition to doing more of what you like, LEARN NEW
STUFF -- LOTS OF NEW STUFF.

cheers

oz