Just thought I'd say hello

Old June 26th, 2006, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea

Default Just thought I'd say hello

I've only just found this group, infact I've only just been introduced to
fishing! Although I live in Looe, I've just met a nice guy who persuaded me
to go out on the boats fishing for mackrel. Anyway I'm new but completely
hooked. I've been out several times catching pollock, whiting and even
herring as well. My freezer is full and even my neighbours are doing well!
I've now got my eye on some nice rocks where I've heard sea bass hang out.
I'll let you know how I get on!
Depending on the weather we are going out conger fishing on Wednesday
evening but I'm a bit concerned, these guys can put up a fight I
understand....and they can be grumpy ...and have teeth! Any advice?
By the way are there any other females on here or am I the only mad lady?
Regards to all,
Denise

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Old June 26th, 2006, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea

In article , Denise
wrote:

Depending on the weather we are going out conger fishing on Wednesday
evening but I'm a bit concerned, these guys can put up a fight I
understand....and they can be grumpy ...and have teeth! Any advice?

If you don't want to keep them and the hook is visible when it hits the
surface there's usually no need to boat it. Get a good hold on the hook
with strong pliers and turn it over.

For those you want to keep take a couple of strong sacks. Put the tip of
the conger's tail in the sack and it'll back in for you. Tie off the top.
Deal with it ashore.

One conger will last you quite a while but they do make excellent, rich,
background fish for stews and pies - cook the conger with the onions, herbs
and vegetables 'till it falls apart then just before you finish off the dish
add a little of whatever fish you want to 'feature' - say a little bream or
gurnard. The meat by the eyes and the strip along the belly are worth
eating separately.

By the way are there any other females on here or am I the only mad lady?
Regards to all,

They drop by from time to time - the degree of sanity is uncertain.

Cheerio,

Old June 26th, 2006, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea

"Denise" wrote in message
. ..
I've only just found this group, infact I've only just been introduced to
fishing! Although I live in Looe, I've just met a nice guy who persuaded
me to go out on the boats fishing for mackrel. Anyway I'm new but
completely hooked. Regards to all,
Denise

Welcome to the group Denise, it is a little quiet here at times so please
feel free to post your comments. Unfortunatelly I am not really a boat
angler as I am usually seasick. But good luck with the mighty conger.

Regards

Abu