Does no one have

Old March 2nd, 2007, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
John Thomson

Default Does no one have

Hi everyone,
Does no one have anything to discuss in this group?, I'm sure we can come up
with something, how about.. What does the group think about Czech Nymphing,
as the trout season starts this month, maybe this is a good time to start
talking about tactics for the new season, I fish the River Aln in
Northumberland, it's small but holds some wonderful small wild brownies, I
usually fish that czech style and find it a very productive tactic, What
does the group think?
Tightlines
John TO

Old March 3rd, 2007, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article , John Thomson
writes
Hi everyone,
Does no one have anything to discuss in this group?, I'm sure we can come up
with something, how about.. What does the group think about Czech Nymphing,
as the trout season starts this month, maybe this is a good time to start
talking about tactics for the new season, I fish the River Aln in
Northumberland, it's small but holds some wonderful small wild brownies, I
usually fish that czech style and find it a very productive tactic, What
does the group think?
Tightlines
John TO

OK. First day of the trout season and our local river in spate - far
too high for anything sporting.
--
Bill Grey

Old March 4th, 2007, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

In article , W. D. Grey
wrote:

OK. First day of the trout season and our local river in spate - far
too high for anything sporting.

First day of the trout season still a month away - (OT) last full week of
the coarse season and it's hard to find the river although the river -water-
is easy to find.

I did manage to go walkies along some headwater streams a couple of weeks
back. Redds in general seem to be higher upstream than I remember before
but there was too much water in the usual places to tell whether they had
also been cut.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/

Old March 4th, 2007, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Devs

In message , John Thomson
writes
Hi everyone,
Does no one have anything to discuss in this group?, I'm sure we can come up
with something, how about.. What does the group think about Czech Nymphing,
as the trout season starts this month, maybe this is a good time to start
talking about tactics for the new season, I fish the River Aln in
Northumberland, it's small but holds some wonderful small wild brownies, I
usually fish that czech style and find it a very productive tactic, What
does the group think?
Tightlines

What's the Czech tactic? Forgive my ignorance but it's been a long time
since I bought a Trout and Salmon!

--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"
Old March 7th, 2007, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Alec Powell

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007, Derek Moody, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Redds in general seem to be higher upstream than I remember before but
there was too much water in the usual places to tell whether they had
also been cut.

Forgive me if I appear to be pedantic Derek :-)
Redds: fish or frog spawn,
or was it a typo?
Looking forward to the 1st April anyway.
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

Old March 7th, 2007, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
John Thomson

Basically, czech nymphing was a way of fishing upstream developed by "
that's right " the Czechs, they used this tactic because it virtually
guaranteed a catch, the method was to fish the river box style, fishing
right to left then left to right, until you have covered one section then
take a couple of paces forward and start all over again, you use the flow of
the river to float the fly onto the waiting fish in that box without
covering the fish with your fly line, and spooking them, the flies normally
used are czech nymphs, pheasant tails, hares ears, and buzzers,
Hope this helps,
Tightlines,
John T.

Old March 8th, 2007, 12:14 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

In article , Alec Powell
wrote:
On Sun, 4 Mar 2007, Derek Moody, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Redds in general seem to be higher upstream than I remember before but
there was too much water in the usual places to tell whether they had
also been cut.

Forgive me if I appear to be pedantic Derek :-)
Redds: fish or frog spawn,

I think it's only in Scotland that frogspawn is so designated and I'm a long
way south of the border...

Salmon/Seatrout.

The unusual abundance of water meant I didn't see much spawning activity
this year and I still haven't had a chance to see whether the usual places
have been used. The fear is that if they have, much spawn may have been
washed out. Otoh the upstream redds are a good sign - as long as they
retain enough flow until hatching which looks likely.

Old March 14th, 2007, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
NORMAN GREENWOOD

Czeck stile is a clumsy undesirable method of catching (Trolling for) fish.
You don't cast as only about 4 or 5 feet of fly line are used- you "lob".
Hooks are on average too big for what you are doing and damage fish. It
could be recommended for poaching as it is productive, but not pleasurable,
it should in my opinion be banned on all Brown Trout and Grayling waters.
I would not really call it fly fishing
A Yorkshire Lad
Norman Greenwood
norman.greenwood@fishbtinternet
catch fish to reply

Old March 14th, 2007, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
John Thomson

I don't know where you last fished czech nymph style, but I can assure you I
use nothing bigger than a 16 and usually as small as 20, I use fine pheasant
tails, and small black nymphs, and I cast at least 2 rod lengths, Yes it's
productive, but is that not what any type of fishing is about, what's
important is we practice a good catch and release and only take fish we plan
to use.
Tightlines
John T

Old March 14th, 2007, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
NORMAN GREENWOOD

You are upstreem nymphing and casting which is a proper way to fish and not
Czeck nymphing.
I never kill a wild fish, May you do it for ever.
Tight Lines
A Yorkshire Lad