N. Wales fishing

Old April 25th, 2007, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
caron

Default N. Wales fishing

Up in N.Wales from the w/end 4th of May. Going to fish Lockwood and
probably Dywarchen. Unless any other ideas?

Was up the other w/end Cwmystradllyn was very nice but not lot alot
happening, Dywarchen wa very hard going. But the views were lovely.

Its not all about catching is it :-((

Cheers
Caron

Old April 26th, 2007, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Gordon MacPherson

Llyn Derwen, N. of Rughin on the Cerrig-y-Dridion?? road is a small fishery
(2 ponds, well-stocked and very friendly.

http://www.llynderwen.co.uk/

Gordon

oups.com...

Old April 26th, 2007, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Dave Lane

caron wrote:
Up in N.Wales from the w/end 4th of May. Going to fish Lockwood and
probably Dywarchen. Unless any other ideas?

Was up the other w/end Cwmystradllyn was very nice but not lot alot
happening, Dywarchen wa very hard going. But the views were lovely.

Its not all about catching is it :-((

Hi Caron,

good to see you about. I only got my permit this week, but will be
hoping to get out over the weekend. We've had a chilly NE wind here for
some time, so I wasn't too bothered...might have been better going down
to the river after the brief rain.

How about Cwellyn? Or maybe Padarn, - it's been a while, but I always
found that Padarn fished well in the early part of the year.
Drive just a bit further, and come up to Ogwen/Idwal - I'd be happy to
show you round.

cya

Old April 26th, 2007, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article , Dave Lane
writes
How about Cwellyn? Or maybe Padarn, - it's been a while, but I always
found that Padarn fished well in the early part of the year.
Drive just a bit further, and come up to Ogwen/Idwal - I'd be happy to
show you round.

Having fished Cwellyn with dismal results the S W bank is pretty
inaccessible. (For dismal read zero!)

Llyn Idwal and Ogwen - call that fishing - the wind was soooo strong
that fly fishing was in name only. We did try Dave ! ...:-)

Padarrn I have not fished, but looks very nice especially if it can be
fished from a boat. I've no idea of the possibility of bank fishing.
--
Bill Grey

Old April 27th, 2007, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Dave Lane

W. D. Grey wrote:
In article , Dave Lane
writes
How about Cwellyn? Or maybe Padarn, - it's been a while, but I
always found that Padarn fished well in the early part of the year.
Drive just a bit further, and come up to Ogwen/Idwal - I'd be happy to
show you round.

Having fished Cwellyn with dismal results the S W bank is pretty
inaccessible. (For dismal read zero!)

it's not easy, but I think that they are now well-equipped with boats
etc. Tee hee, the missus has just bought a VW campervan, so I can see
the odd weekend slipping down that way.... :+)

Llyn Idwal and Ogwen - call that fishing - the wind was soooo strong
that fly fishing was in name only. We did try Dave ! ...:-)

ah well - it's all good practice, and a change from chasing stockies.
And, now you know why my casting looks so weird....Get it on the right
day though...

Padarrn I have not fished, but looks very nice especially if it can be
fished from a boat. I've no idea of the possibility of bank fishing.

Again, it's tricky, but there are some areas, especially at the bottom
end near the old bridge.

I just spotted this item about the salmon restocking of the Taff - looks
encouraging for you lot down there...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/default.stm

and work your way down to the 'audio/video' section...

cheers,

Old April 27th, 2007, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article , Dave Lane
writes
I just spotted this item about the salmon restocking of the Taff -
looks encouraging for you lot down there...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/default.stm

and work your way down to the 'audio/video' section...

Two years ago I "entertained" an American friend from ROFF - another
newsgroup- who wanted to have a couple of days fishing in Wales. The
weather was so hot and had been dry for weeks that the rivers were
running very low indeed. We fished the Irfon in Llangammarch Wells but
the levels were so low as to make it nigh on impossible.

The following day my friend went on his own to Merthyr to fish Taf. He
described it "like fishing in a sewer, but the fishing was very good" I
don't wish to offend the Merthyr anglers, I'm just quoting his remarks.

I have since heard good things about the Taf.
--
Bill Grey