Hastings

Old September 16th, 2006, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Alec Powell

Default Hastings

Looks like I might be spending some time in Hastings in the future.
Any info on shore fishing would be appreciated. Pier?
Thanks for your time,
Alec
--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

Old September 16th, 2006, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Abu Garcia

"Alec Powell" wrote in message
Looks like I might be spending some time in Hastings in the future.
Any info on shore fishing would be appreciated. Pier?
Thanks for your time,
Alec
--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

Hi Alex

To start on a bad note..The Pier it has been closed by the local council as
unsafe and it future is in doubt. It is a shame as good fishing can be had
from the pier. Eastbourne pier maybe an option about 15 miles west.

Beach fishing spots I have used are on entry to St. Leonards from Bexhill
you will see Ravenside retail park. Next to it is a railway and a
walkthrough tunnel to the beach. The fishing in this area can be good but a
low water recky needs to be done as it can be rocky in parts. Also warn you
than the Reatil car park has clampers in operation so parking maybe hard.
Next stop east on Bexhill Road Bridge Way. Parking nightmare avoid once got
a ticket on a Sunday afternoon. The next area in West St Leonards travelling
east on Bexhill road you will find another railway bridge and Stamco wood
timber on Cinque Ports Way. There is a Groyne many fish from is quite good
over high water but can get crowded. This is also known as the bathing pool
(long closed) area and is less rocky should be ok there. Not aware of any
parking restrictions.

Probally one of the best spots is the site of the now sadly gone West St.
Leonards pier also known as the New Church. Again east on the A259 you will
see a church set back from seafront. Fish directly out from it. Ok for
occasional bass and flats. Whiting depending on season. Few codling reports
in season but to long casting.

Hastings itself again suggest low water recky as rocks can cause problems
all along the beach to the harbour. I would try the groyne at Rock a Nore in
The Old Town but again gets crowded.

Local tackle shops Steves Tackle on

http://www.stevestackle.co.uk/

and Hastings Angling Centre

http://www.applegate.co.uk/company/11/05/386.htm

Not the company website but contact details. Buy a few bits and ask their
advice.

Good luck post back here your results please.

Old September 17th, 2006, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Alec Powell

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Abu Garcia, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Good luck post back here your results please.

Thanks for this. I hope to visit next week but will not have time for
any fishing :-(
I'll get a chance to look round though and especially thanks for the
info on parking!
Cheers,
Alec

Old September 17th, 2006, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Abu Garcia

"Alec Powell" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Abu Garcia, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Good luck post back here your results please.

Thanks for this. I hope to visit next week but will not have time for any
fishing :-(
I'll get a chance to look round though and especially thanks for the info
on parking!
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

If you dont catch pop over to the Blue Dolphin Fish n Chip takeway (small
seated restaurant also). Thats what i do. The best chippy in the south ;-)

Old September 18th, 2006, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Alec Powell

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006, Abu Garcia, gave forth these words of wisdom:
If you dont catch pop over to the Blue Dolphin Fish n Chip takeway
(small seated restaurant also). Thats what i do. The best chippy in the
south ;-)

Now that is great information! :-)
Cheers,
Alec