Where did the talk about fishing go?

Old May 11th, 2011, 11:48 PM posted to alt.fishing
Bob[_5_]

Default Where did the talk about fishing go?

Unbelievable. Here we have a Newsgroup solely made for those interested in
fishing, and we have been infested with spam.

I sure wish that you could create a newsgroup, and have it solely about what
it is that you intended.

Old May 12th, 2011, 09:00 AM posted to alt.fishing
Pepperoni

On May 11, 6:48*pm, "Bob" wrote:
Unbelievable. Here we have a Newsgroup solely made for those interested in
fishing, and we have been infested with spam.

I sure wish that you could create a newsgroup, and have it solely about what
it is that you intended.

Bummer, ain't it? I bought 6 matching rod &reel sets, spooled 'em all
with spiderwire, tied 80 quill bobbers, got my fishin' pack in
order, then broke a hip bone 2 months ago. I'll get out there in a
couple weeks.

I you've never seen a porqupine quill bobber, don't feel bad. They
are getting rare in the shops. I bought 100 quills on ebay and tied
my own. You tie a tiny loop on one (or both) ends to hold your line
and use a tiny rubber band to bind the line. The quills are imported
from Africa, and are 8-12 inches long. I used a loop of spiderwire for
the loops instead of the traditional brass wire. Tied them up with
fly silk and varnished the wraps.

Great for crappie and bluegill fishing. When a big gilll takes the
cricket, the bobber willl lift 1/4 inch when the gill takes up the
weight of the hook. Crappies just slide off and eventually sink the
quill. Reccommended on 4# mono and a 10-12 foot ul noodle rod.

So, what kind of fishing should we discuss? I know most posts are
spam, or complaints about spam, but we could work on it.

Pepperoni