Portland rig info please

Old July 16th, 2006, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
fox66

Default Portland rig info please

Hi

Can anyone tell me where i might find info and diagrames on the portland rig

Thanks

Old July 17th, 2006, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Derek Moody

In article , fox66
wrote:
Hi

Can anyone tell me where i might find info and diagrames on the portland rig

Never heard of it. If there's anything that *could* be called a specifically
Portland Rig it's the old-sparkplug on a rotten bottom used instead of a
lead when shore congering among suburban-semi sized rocks.

Or are you headed for Portland and looking for something suitable for the
fishing there?

If so now, and for the next couple of months, float fishing and spinning
will be the most productive. An adjustable sliding float set to fish -just-
above the kelp in the bottom of a gully will pull out a few - you'll need
quick reactions mind.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/

Old July 17th, 2006, 12:13 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
fishful thinking

"fox66" wrote in message
Hi

Can anyone tell me where i might find info and diagrames on the portland
rig

Thanks

why tie when you can buy http://tinyurl.com/pbty3 looks like mackerel rigs
to me !

Old July 17th, 2006, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Iain Douglas

Hi,
do you mean Portsmouth rig - 2 hooks clipped down with long snoods for
distance ?

http://wsfsouth.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4435

Old July 18th, 2006, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
The Big Man

Suspect it's probably the one for bass in the tide rips.

small swivel to 20lb 2.5 foot length. Put another small swivel loose on this
and then tie of the other end to a small swivel (have a bead either side of
the loose swivel).
Beneath that tie a 2 foot length of rotten bottom to a lead.
On the loose swivel that is free sliding attach a 2 foot length of amnesia
or flurocarbon about 20lb to a size 2 hook.

The Big Man