OT, well, not really...angling on tv

Old November 20th, 2006, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Andy Lawson

Default OT, well, not really...angling on tv

"Alec Powell" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Reg Sweetmore, gave forth these words of wisdom:
How about a visit to Bhutan for the Annual Bash next year instead of
Brenig?

I'm sure that even Alec could catch a trout there???

Sorry Diamonds, I can't make it next year - I'm off to Bataan :-)
--

I suppose you'll be Nippon off then?

I'll get me coat....

--
Andy Lawson

Old November 20th, 2006, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Andy Lawson

"Alec Powell" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Reg Sweetmore, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Only Kidding Alec :-)). I know you can catch when you are with me. We
proved it at Brenig In 2005.

Yah! What a team. It's a pity you had to team up with Mr Lawson this year
and show Dave and myself up. Still there's always next year if you're up
for it.

You had yer chances when we invited you to come and fish our swim (which was
full of fish) and you couldn't even catch then! Don't know what was up with
you guys but I reckon you both must've had a problem concentrating or
something ;o)

Start thinking about dates lads if you're interested., It may seem a long
way orf but I will be finding it harder to get dates for my time off next
year and any help as far as me booking hols will be most helpful. (Royal
Mail cutbacks - tell me about it:-(

I doubt I can make it next year because we're taking a (probably one off)
mega holiday and so nearly all my vacation time will be used up then. I'll
see closer to the time.

Cheers,
Alec
Oh and BTW the prog last night was pretty good but I think that the big
trout would have gone in the pot as well!
--

I watched it too and I agree, the bigy would've gone in the pot if it was
me. It was probably a cannibal or close to it at that size anyway.

BTW, what a fuss the guy made taking that gentle stroll up the slopes to
that lake. I mean.... he took a whole flipping mule train and had a path and
everything! He wants to try getting up to Ffynnon Lloer with Dave Lane! ;o)

ATB
--
Andy Lawson

Old November 21st, 2006, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Dave Lane

Andy Lawson wrote:

--

I watched it too and I agree, the bigy would've gone in the pot if it was
me.

and you'd still be hungry...

BTW, what a fuss the guy made taking that gentle stroll up the slopes to
that lake. I mean.... he took a whole flipping mule train and had a path and
everything! He wants to try getting up to Ffynnon Lloer with Dave Lane! ;o)

yes, I was thinking about that trip, when I really thought for a
moment, that mouth-mouth might be needed but had decided that you were
brown bread, basically. lol, what price altitude sickness? The lake
they were fishing, I think that they said about 13,000 feet? That's
about 6 times the altitude of Ffynnon.. :+)
Old November 21st, 2006, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Alec Powell

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:
yes, I was thinking about that trip, when I really thought for a
moment, that mouth-mouth might be needed but had decided that you were
brown bread, basically. lol, what price altitude sickness? The lake
they were fishing, I think that they said about 13,000 feet? That's
about 6 times the altitude of Ffynnon.. :+)

Well, Dave, I think I had better try Ffynnon . Brenig or no, I still
intend a few days in North Wales next year. I'll bring me own Oxygen :-)
As for the guy on the telly having mules if Andy had been there he would
have probably ended up eating them!
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

Old November 21st, 2006, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Alec Powell

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Andy Lawson, gave forth these words of wisdom:
I doubt I can make it next year because we're taking a (probably one
off) mega holiday and so nearly all my vacation time will be used up
then. I'll see closer to the time.

Ooooh! Us lesser mortals have holidays but you IT guys have "vacation
time".
I'll be talking Howard about you if you don't get a life! :-)

Old November 21st, 2006, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article . com, Reg
Sweetmore writes
Hi All,

Last nights programme was even better, those Loch Leven Trout he
caught were just gorgeous. A pity about the state of Loch Leven now!!

Is it right that Cormorants have wiped out Loch Leven as a fiahery ?
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old November 21st, 2006, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article , Alec Powell
writes
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Reg Sweetmore, gave forth these words of wisdom:
How about a visit to Bhutan for the Annual Bash next year instead of
Brenig?

I'm sure that even Alec could catch a trout there???

Sorry Diamonds, I can't make it next year - I'm off to Bataan :-)

Take a Bat 'n Ball with you
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old November 21st, 2006, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article , Alec Powell
writes
n Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:
yes, I was thinking about that trip, when I really thought for a
moment, that mouth-mouth might be needed but had decided that you were
brown bread, basically. lol, what price altitude sickness? The lake
they were fishing, I think that they said about 13,000 feet? That's
about 6 times the altitude of Ffynnon.. :+)

Well, Dave, I think I had better try Ffynnon . Brenig or no, I still
intend a few days in North Wales next year. I'll bring me own Oxygen :-)

I'm going there in two weeks time - I should get to Ffynnon Lloer by the
time you lot get there - I'm slowing down y'see. :-):-)

Can't beat an early start.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old November 21st, 2006, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Andy Lawson

"Alec Powell" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Andy Lawson, gave forth these words of wisdom:
I doubt I can make it next year because we're taking a (probably one off)
mega holiday and so nearly all my vacation time will be used up then. I'll
see closer to the time.

Ooooh! Us lesser mortals have holidays but you IT guys have "vacation
time".
I'll be talking Howard about you if you don't get a life! :-)

Ah b*gger it. That's working with my American colleagues for you. They get
confused when we say "holidays" as that means 'Thanksgiving' or Christmas'
as far as they're concerned.

--
Andy Lawson

Old November 23rd, 2006, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Reg Sweetmore

On 21 Nov, 20:02, "W. D. Grey" wrote:
In article . com, Reg
Sweetmore writes

Hi All,

Last nights programme was even better, those Loch Leven Trout he
caught were just gorgeous. A pity about the state of Loch Leven now!!Is it right that Cormorants have wiped out Loch Leven as a fiahery ?

--
Bill Greyhttp://www.billboy.co.uk

Hi Billboy,

How are you doing?

Long time no see.

Just have a look at this from Loch Leven -
http://lochlevenfisheries.co.uk/Press-Release-May06.pdf

It's all very sad!

I think that trout fishing as we know it is on the way out.

Younger people are just not taking it up as a sport.

Hope to see you next season Bill,

Reg (Diamonds)