What kind of fish is this?

Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Nogood Boyo

Default What kind of fish is this?

On Wed, 23 May 2007 at 05:10:14 in uk.rec.fishing.game peakstroller
wrote:
A fierce debate is still raging
over the fish's type though a Brownie seems to be the overwhelming
choice.

Where is the debate raging? Not amongst trout anglers, I'm sure.

--
Nogood Boyo
Old May 26th, 2007, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article .com,
peakstroller writes
Bill
Nogoods advice regarding keeping trout out of water too long is good
advice but this is advice that wasn't asked for just like Pete the
Trolls contributions to the group. If Nogood boyo wants to make an
incorrect assumption regarding a posters attitude towards lisencing
and seasons and then voice those assumptions on a public discussion
board then a sarcastic response is a very appropriate method of
highlighting those thoughtless comments.

Again, you miss the point of Nogood Boyo's post. His concern for the
trout's welfare is important even if that was not the advice asked for.
As it was in the public domain, someone somewhere might well have read
that well intended advice - which would be great.

Catch and release is what was in his mind and if that was the case then
he gave sound advice.
--
Bill Grey

Old May 27th, 2007, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
peakstroller[_2_]

Bill, if you had actually read my last posting you would have seen the
line "nogoods advice about keeping trout out of water is good advice"
and Bill, NOT AGAIN and NOT for the first time did I miss the points
of nogoods postings. I'll summarise them for you so that you don't
miss them again.

Nogood assumed: that I had no E.A license ..................His assumption was
incorrect.

Nogood assumed: that I fished out of season..................His assumption was
incorrect

Nogood assumed: that I am a coarse angler only who caught the trout by
accident...........His assumption was incorrect.

Nogood assumed: that fish that I catch are left gasping on the
riverbank while I have a cup of tea and a short nap...................His
assumption was incorrect.

If nogood want's to take it upon himself to educate the Game fishing
world on how to cause less harm to hooked Trout then I commend him and
wish him well and ask that he doesn't do it whilst pointing accusatory
fingers at innocent posters on public newgroups.

Old May 27th, 2007, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Niteawk

"peakstroller" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.pchar.uku.co.uk/whatfish/
Feedback much appreciated
Many Thanks in advance
Dave

It does not look like a standard brown which has red dots on the flanks, or
a rainbow. I think it is a hybrid. The dark edges on the fins makes it look
like it might have some Chub in it.

Old May 27th, 2007, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article om,
peakstroller writes

Bill, if you had actually read my last posting you would have seen the
line "nogoods advice about keeping trout out of water is good advice"
and Bill, NOT AGAIN and NOT for the first time did I miss the points
of nogoods postings. I'll summarise them for you so that you don't
miss them again.

Nogood assumed: that I had no E.A license ..................His assumption was
incorrect.

No he didn't. His posting was speculative not condemnatory

Nogood assumed: that I fished out of season..................His assumption was
incorrect

I saw no assumptions even if you did.

Nogood assumed: that I am a coarse angler only who caught the trout by
accident...........His assumption was incorrect.

Hiss suggestion was inquisitorial seeing as sufficient evidence to the
contrary was not presented.

Nogood assumed: that fish that I catch are left gasping on the
riverbank while I have a cup of tea and a short nap...................His
assumption was incorrect.

Again NO assumptions, only his "take" on people who photograph fish and
the possible effect on the fish's survival unless it was taken to eat.

********.

--
Bill Grey

Old May 28th, 2007, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Nogood Boyo

On Sun, 27 May 2007 at 04:40:55 in uk.rec.fishing.game peakstroller
wrote:

[...]

********. You have a strange take on the English language. What I
actually said was:

"I suspect it's a brown which hasn't recovered properly from spawning.
If the OP had to ask what fish it is, the chances of technicalities like
licensing and season having been observed are remote. The fine mesh net
looks like one used by a coarse angler rather than a game angler."

--
Nogood Boyo
Old May 28th, 2007, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
peakstroller[_2_]

On May 27, 7:32 pm, "W. D. Grey" wrote:
In article om,
peakstroller writes

Bill, if you had actually read my last posting you would have seen the
line "nogoods advice about keeping trout out of water is good advice"
and Bill, NOT AGAIN and NOT for the first time did I miss the points
of nogoods postings. I'll summarise them for you so that you don't
miss them again.

Nogood assumed: that I had no E.A license ..................His assumption was
incorrect.

No he didn't. His posting was speculative not condemnatory

bill, "you are probably going to check in for some drug reabilitation
this year." is a perfectly acceptable statement according to yourself
as its speculative and not condemnatory? It sounds rude to me bill.

Nogood assumed: that I fished out of season..................His assumption was
incorrect

I saw no assumptions even if you did.

Give your glasses a wipe bill because here it comes
again............."If
the OP had to ask what fish it is, the chances of technicalities like
licensing and season having been observed are remote."

Nogood assumed: that I am a coarse angler only who caught the trout by
accident...........His assumption was incorrect.

Hiss suggestion was inquisitorial seeing as sufficient evidence to the
contrary was not presented.

Does evidence need to be presented bill? Have you put your wig on and
woken your chief executioner?

Nogood assumed: that fish that I catch are left gasping on the
riverbank while I have a cup of tea and a short nap...................His
assumption was incorrect.

Again NO assumptions, only his "take" on people who photograph fish and
the possible effect on the fish's survival unless it was taken to eat.

bill, someones "take" and someones "assumption" both work the same in
each sentence.

If nogood want's to take it upon himself to educate the Game fishing
world on how to cause less harm to hooked Trout then I commend him and
wish him well and ask that he doesn't do it whilst pointing accusatory
fingers at innocent posters on public newgroups.

********.

See how wrong it it to assume and presume bill, i "took" it that you
were an inteligent gentleman.

--
Bill Grey

Old May 28th, 2007, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article om,
peakstroller writes
See how wrong it it to assume and presume bill, i "took" it that you
were an inteligent gentleman.

I generally forgive typos but I am /intelligent. enough to spell the
word correctly.

Thank you for the sport - sport :-)
--
Bill Grey

Old May 28th, 2007, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
peakstroller[_2_]

Thank you for the sport - sport :-)
Bill Grey

Your very welcome Bill :-)

Old May 28th, 2007, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article . com,
peakstroller writes

Thank you for the sport - sport :-)