Eau du Salmo Morte

Old November 14th, 2009, 07:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

Default Eau du Salmo Morte

On 13-Nov-2009, rw wrote:

rank Reid © 2008 wrote:
Actually, tomato soup. The same acids that knock down skunk will help
fumigate the hound.
Frank Reid
(who learned this after falling head first into a rotting sea lion
corpse)

Tomato juice doesn't work well for skunk-smell removal. It's pretty much
an old wives's tale.

Try this mixtu

1 q white vinegar OR 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 c Baking soda.
1 tsp dish detergent

I have used tomato Juice aplenty for skunks but you MUST have lemon juice or
it will not work.

Fred
Old November 14th, 2009, 01:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:20:52 -0700, rw wrote:

Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
Actually, tomato soup. The same acids that knock down skunk will help
fumigate the hound.
Frank Reid
(who learned this after falling head first into a rotting sea lion
corpse)

Tomato juice doesn't work well for skunk-smell removal. It's pretty much
an old wives's tale.

Try this mixtu

1 q white vinegar OR 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 c Baking soda.
1 tsp dish detergent

And for landsakesalive, don't mix it in a Gatorade bottle...

TC,
Old November 14th, 2009, 01:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Fred wrote:
On 13-Nov-2009, rw wrote:

rank Reid © 2008 wrote:

Actually, tomato soup. The same acids that knock down skunk will help
fumigate the hound.
Frank Reid
(who learned this after falling head first into a rotting sea lion
corpse)

Tomato juice doesn't work well for skunk-smell removal. It's pretty much
an old wives's tale.

Try this mixtu

1 q white vinegar OR 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 c Baking soda.
1 tsp dish detergent

I have used tomato Juice aplenty for skunks but you MUST have lemon juice or
it will not work.

Fred

Tomato juice doesn't neutralize the smell -- it merely masks it.

http://www.scienceline.org/2006/07/26/ask-cosier-skunk/

http://www.ehow.com/how_5215900_desk...-not-work.html

Old November 14th, 2009, 02:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
family-outdoors

On Nov 13, 9:24*pm, Tim Lysyk wrote:
DaveS wrote:
I think the Indian dogs must have developed some resistance because
they were fed salmon. In fact the Kita (mostly called "chum") salmon
are also called "Dog Salmon" but who knows . . . that might be for
their long kipes.

dave

I thought chum were called dog salmon because of their teeth?

Tim Lysyk

Dog mushers who use salmon to feed dogs usually boil them first. Some
still do it, though it's not legal. Usually out of fish wheels on
"subsistence permits."
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

DaveS wrote:
I think the Indian dogs must have developed some resistance because
they were fed salmon. In fact the Kita (mostly called "chum") salmon
are also called "Dog Salmon" but who knows . . . that might be for
their long kipes.

dave

I thought chum were called dog salmon because of their teeth?

Tim Lysyk

Dog mushers who use salmon to feed dogs usually boil them first. Some
still do it, though it's not legal.

Well, no **** it's not legal! The PETA people must be apoplectic...mushers
boiling dogs...they probably blame it all on the Palins...and besides, what good
are boiled dogs to mushers? Well, count me in the camp of those solidly against
any and all forms of dog-boiling.

Usually out of fish wheels on "subsistence permits."

Oh...you meant the salmon...nevermind.

TC,
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Nov 14, 8:20*am, rw wrote:
Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:

Actually, tomato soup. *The same acids that knock down skunk will help
fumigate the hound.
Frank Reid
(who learned this after falling head first into a rotting sea lion
corpse)

Tomato juice doesn't work well for skunk-smell removal. It's pretty much
an old wives's tale.

Try this mixtu

1 q white vinegar OR 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 c Baking soda.
1 tsp dish detergent

I can verify that this is a MIRACLE liquid! My neighbors dog dragged a
dead skunk home. After being amazed at how well this mixture
neutralized the smell on the dog, we gagged our way out to the skunk,
poured the last of the juice over its mangled corpse, and I sweartagod
you could not smell ANY trace of eau de skunk on it at all. Knocked
out the smell 100%.

--riverman
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

riverman wrote:
On Nov 14, 8:20 am, rw wrote:

Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:

[...]

Better lives through chemistry.

Old November 14th, 2009, 06:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Nov 13, 6:57*pm, Bob wrote:
Though the Indians and Aleuts fed/feed their sled dogs salmon they
didn't just feed them Chum salmon. In many areas Reds (Sockeye) were/
are the primary species fed. I believe the name Dog Salmon is a
reference to the long canine teeth that the males (especially) develop
upon - or shortly after - entering fresh water.

Bob-

Yep that makes sense. The kipe is the "Upturned lower jaw of a male
salmon at the end of its life as it returns to fresh water to spawn."
Anyway, "Kita" (also spelled Keta) salmon is a much better name for
marketing Chum.;+))

Old November 14th, 2009, 06:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Nov 13, 7:24*pm, Tim Lysyk wrote:

I thought chum were called dog salmon because of their teeth?

Tim Lysyk

Yep.
Old November 14th, 2009, 06:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Nov 13, 4:20*pm, rw wrote:

Try this mixtu

Ill have to try it on beach rotted crab. Wonder how it will do on
Coyote poop and Otter slick? Otter slick, that goo they grease their
runs with, is about the most obnoxious stuff in nature. Around here
one of the worse things that can happen is to have some otters move
under your house.
Thanx