BASS Returns to West Point Lake; First Southern Open of the Season

Old June 23rd, 2005, 03:55 PM
Fishman

Default BASS Returns to West Point Lake; First Southern Open of the Season

CITGO Bassmaster Open BASS Returns to West Point Lake; First Southern
Open of the Season*by BASS Communications / BASS(Jun. 22, 2005 -
Lanett, AL.)...
Anglers haven't competitively fished a BASS event on West Point Lake
since 1987. This weekend, that 18-year-old is hiatus about to end.
Hundreds of anglers are kicking off the Bassmaster Southern Open
series, June 24-26, on the 25,900-acre West Point Lake. So after being
gone so long, how do competitors expect to perform on West Point Lake?

"It"s been a really tough bite out there,” said.....

HTTP://WWW.USABASSFISHING.COM/BASSNE...ASP?AUTOID=759 (\"HTTP://WWW.USABASSFISHING.COM/BASSNEWS-DETAIL.ASP?AUTOID=759\")

--
Fishman- http://www.hookandsinker.com - The Sportfishermen's choice for fishing news, over 500+ maps, over 7,000+ schematics, and even these newsgroups are available online!

Old June 23rd, 2005, 04:53 PM
Scott Seidman

Fishman wrote in
:

CITGO Bassmaster Open BASS Returns to West Point Lake; First Southern

Can't you just post a table of contents for your site update ONCE, and be
done with it, instead of posting every article individually? You might end
up in less killfiles that way

Scott
Old June 23rd, 2005, 05:16 PM
SimRacer

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...
Fishman wrote in
:

CITGO Bassmaster Open BASS Returns to West Point Lake; First Southern

Can't you just post a table of contents for your site update ONCE, and be
done with it, instead of posting every article individually? You might

end
up in less killfiles that way

Scott

Takes too long to killfile someone whose "from" address is different in
every post, plus it won't block new messages since they too have different
return addresses.

I suggest an abuse email to his website provider (for USENET spamming). I
wish they'd never devised a way to tie message boards to USENET personally,
nothing good ever seems to come from it, as witnessed here.

Old June 24th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Todd Copeland

"SimRacer" wrote in message
Takes too long to killfile someone whose "from" address is different in
every post, plus it won't block new messages since they too have different
return addresses.

I suggest an abuse email to his website provider (for USENET spamming). I
wish they'd never devised a way to tie message boards to USENET

personally,
nothing good ever seems to come from it, as witnessed here.

I have a better plan. Going to rack up some bandwidth on his website. Should
cost him some money.

Old June 24th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Ken Fortenberry

Todd Copeland wrote:

I have a better plan. Going to rack up some bandwidth on his website. Should
cost him some money.

Not that it isn't deserved, but you run the risk of
becoming the bad guy and getting yourself in hot water
with your ISP. Just a thought.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old June 24th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Doug

If you are running Outlook Express, just setup the filter to delete all
messages from Fishman.. Works like a charm, I have not a one except for
people responding to his post, is the only thing I see.

TOOLS | MESSAGE RULES | NEWS | NEW

Doug

Old June 24th, 2005, 07:46 PM
SimRacer

"Doug" wrote in message
If you are running Outlook Express, just setup the filter to delete all
messages from Fishman.. Works like a charm, I have not a one except for
people responding to his post, is the only thing I see.

TOOLS | MESSAGE RULES | NEWS | NEW

Doug

I tried that, didn't seem to help. Maybe due to USENET rules at my ISP?
Dunno.

Old June 25th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Doug

What you have to do is RESET the group messages and redownload and then it
will filter all of them out. It won't filter the existing messages that are
already downloaded, but once you redo it, it will and you won't see anything
from him.

Right click on the group on your left, and select PROPERTIES | LOCAL FILE |
RESET

I run several filters and it's great, I miss most if not all SPAM and
garbage.

Hope this helps!

Doug

"SimRacer" wrote in message
m...

Old June 25th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Doug wrote:
If you are running Outlook Express, ...

If you're running Outlook Express to read Usenet
newsgroups you should be aware of this:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS05-030.mspx

And you might want to consider replacing Outlook
Express with a decent newsreader. Firefox is good.

--
Ken Fortenberry