Retie Retie Retie

Old September 26th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Bob La Londe

Default Retie Retie Retie

Remembe to retie every so often. EVEN WHEN USING BRAID! I was casting a
Zoom Horny Toad the other day (first time I ever used one) when I had a huge
wake come up and engulf my bait. I dropped the rod, cranked up the slack,
and set the hook hard. It worked except the line broke at the knot.
Actually its the first time I have broken a line at the knot in a long long
time. I did a quick study of the end of my line and realized that it was
very stiff from the use of Krazy Glue on various baits. I imagine if I
continue to use super glues to hold baits I'll want to retie a little more
often.

Bob La Londe

Win a Spinnerbait Tackle Kit

Spinnerbait Tips & Tricks Contest
Through the Month of September 2005

http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old September 28th, 2005, 07:55 PM
avid

Funny you should mention that. I too thought I was having break off
problems related to using superglue on baits, but got several very
intellegent responses that said the glue had no weakening effect on
line. I don't know, the jury is still out for me

Old September 28th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Bob La Londe

"avid" wrote in message
oups.com...
Funny you should mention that. I too thought I was having break off
problems related to using superglue on baits, but got several very
intellegent responses that said the glue had no weakening effect on
line. I don't know, the jury is still out for me

I don't think it was actually the glue. I think the glue just held the
remains of the knot that broke in place. I honestly can't remember when I
had last retied that particular line. In fact I recall noticing the point
of the hook was bent when I had last put on a fresh bait. Since I was
hooking up ok and I was only fun fishing I hadn't really worried about the
hook.