OT Looking on the bright side ...

Old October 11th, 2009, 03:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Default OT Looking on the bright side ...

I'm saving a ton of money on post-season baseball tix.

Congrats to Joe Torre's LA Dodgers on the Dodgers first
ever post-season series win over the Cardinals.

--
Ken Fortenberry - feeling like a Cubs fan today :-(
Old October 11th, 2009, 03:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
family-outdoors

On Oct 11, 9:23*am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
I'm saving a ton of money on post-season baseball tix.

Congrats to Joe Torre's LA Dodgers on the Dodgers first
ever post-season series win over the Cardinals.

--
Ken Fortenberry - feeling like a Cubs fan today :-(

I live in the STL area. I confess however to not being a Cards fan.
We lived in Colorado at the time the Rockies came into existence and
have continued to be a fan. I would take my 2 boys who were pretty
young then...it was the days of the "Blake Street Bombers." We lived
near Steamboat at the time and would make a trip in to Coors Field now
and then for a weekend day game. Good memories!

I was hoping for the chance for the Rockies and Cards to match up
because: 1) It would have been a lot of fun for me as I go back and
forth quite a bit with coworkers and 2) The Rockies seemed to match up
well with the Cards. I wished for the sake of the rabid Cards fans
for their season to go a little longer than it did. It certainly
doesn't mean as much to the Rockies fans for their team to win as it
does for the St. Louis fans. Too bad St. Louis doesn't have an NFL
team to offer some consolation.

Paul
Old October 11th, 2009, 05:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

" I would take my 2 boys who were pretty young then...it was the
days of the "Blake Street Bombers." We lived near Steamboat
at the time and would make a trip in to Coors Field now and then
for a weekend day game. Good memories! "

nice.....rockies field has a bit of snow on it this am.......

hey paul....did you ever fish the public park / lake just south of the
'boat...aprox
3-5 miles out of town? if so...what's the fishing like there?

we saw some water skiers, and a fair number of campers / fishermen
along the shore.....i think it is a state park....

do/did you have some fav spots around the 'boat you would care to
share?

cheers

richard
colorado

Old October 11th, 2009, 05:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 11-Oct-2009, Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Congrats to Joe Torre's LA Dodgers on the Dodgers first
ever post-season series win over the Cardinals.

Lets go Yankeees

Fred
Old October 11th, 2009, 08:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Angels Dodgers freeway series. Angels take it in 6.
Frank Reid

Old October 11th, 2009, 08:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 12:23:53 -0700 (PDT), Frank Reid
wrote:

Angels Dodgers freeway series. Angels take it in 6.

Ah...so they'll be using revolvers...

As an aside, does anyone know offhand the Vegas odds on Obama getting both Cy
Youngs and the Series' MVP for the promise shown at the All Star game...?

HTH,
....who continues his unbroken record of 100% accurate World Series predictions:
I predict that I don't care who is in it or who wins.
Old October 12th, 2009, 01:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
family-outdoors

On Oct 11, 11:03*am, "~^ beancounter ~^"
wrote:
" I would take my 2 boys who were pretty young then...it was the
days of the "Blake Street Bombers." * We lived near Steamboat
at the time and would make a trip in to Coors Field now and then
for a weekend day game. *Good memories! *"

nice.....rockies field has a bit of snow on it this am.......

hey paul....did you ever fish the public park / lake just south of the
'boat...aprox
3-5 miles out of town? *if so...what's the fishing like there?

we saw some water skiers, and a fair number of campers / fishermen
along the shore.....i think it is a state park....

do/did you have some fav spots around the 'boat you would care to
share?

cheers

richard
colorado

Are you talking about Stagecoach Res.? We did fish there some, but we
lived in Craig and tended to head down to the Flattops...Trapper,
White River, etc., West to the Green around Brown's Park... the Yampa
everywhere we could gain access down to Craig..or sometimes up into
Routt National Forest around Bear's Ears (north of Craig) just
exploring small mountain streams that I never knew names for and
wouldn't now know how to get to now...there was one reservoir that was
okay...Freeman Res. But the last time I was there a few years ago the
cuts were pretty infested with whirling disease. I think it kinda'
has run its course and is done in the area. But Freeman is just a
place to take kids and let them catch a lot of fish.

I like the Flattops area and the Green River area best. Steamboat is
not my thing, though as Colorado resort towns go, it's as good as
any. I do have some fond memories fishing Stagecoach with my kids.
When they were little, we were fishing near the boat ramp on the west/
south side of lake. My oldest son thought along the weed bed was a
good place to toss his mepps for a rainbow (he was about 6 yo using
spinning gear). I told him that looked more like a bass/pike area.
He cast there anyway and caught a 5ish lb rainbow. He still reminds
me of it when I get too bossy when we are fishing or hunting.

One area I never have fished but wished I did, was the Elk River north
of Steamboat.

Anyway, I know I didn't give you any great info, but thanks for asking
and reviving some good memories.

Paul
Old October 12th, 2009, 03:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

wrote:

Angels Dodgers freeway series. *Angels take it in 6.

Ah...so they'll be using revolvers...

As an aside, does anyone know offhand the Vegas odds on Obama getting both Cy
Youngs and the Series' MVP for the promise shown at the All Star game...?

HTH,
...who continues his unbroken record of 100% accurate World Series predictions:
I predict that I don't care who is in it or who wins. *

Thus making obvious the need for comment.

Infant.

g.