Rant ...semi on topic

Old December 14th, 2009, 09:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

Default Rant ...semi on topic

A week or so ago we got a "tried to deliver" notice in the mailbox. I
noticed it was from Edmonton Book Store and knew Santa had ordered one
of the books on fishing in Canada I asked forG

Santa put the notice back in the box with a specified delivery day on
it for the mailman to bring it back when we would be here to sign for
it.

It never showed up. Santa went to the post office and asked and they
couldn't find it "The carrier must have it." We asked the carrier
and he doesn't have it ... He "assumed we had picked it up at the post
office."

Thus, it appears that my .... out of print ..... X-mas gift book is
lost :-(

Bah Humbug
Old December 14th, 2009, 09:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR[_4_]

Larry L wrote:
Thus, it appears that my .... out of print ..... X-mas gift book is
lost :-(

Now THAT sucks. Hope it turns up.....

- JR
Old December 14th, 2009, 10:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2009-12-14 16:15:43 -0500, Larry L said:

A week or so ago we got a "tried to deliver" notice in the mailbox. I
noticed it was from Edmonton Book Store and knew Santa had ordered one
of the books on fishing in Canada I asked forG

Santa put the notice back in the box with a specified delivery day on
it for the mailman to bring it back when we would be here to sign for
it.

It never showed up. Santa went to the post office and asked and they
couldn't find it "The carrier must have it." We asked the carrier
and he doesn't have it ... He "assumed we had picked it up at the post
office."

Thus, it appears that my .... out of print ..... X-mas gift book is
lost :-(

Bah Humbug

Let's see...... The government can't deliver a simple package to your
house and you want them to handle all of our healthcare? Correct?

Hope your package comes thru. Hope you don't get sick.

Old December 15th, 2009, 01:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On 2009-12-14 16:15:43 -0500, Larry L said:

[...]

Dave- Hide quoted text -

Name one country that you think has a better postal service than the
USA. You cannot because we are numero uno. Not the Jerrys not the
Brits not the Japannese.

Name one company in the private sector that can deliver a letter to
your house from California or any other place in the 50 states for 44
cents. Not FedEx not Brown no one. Period.

How about when Americans do stuff right or are the best there is we
recognize it and get off the soapbox.?

Merry Christmas you old pirate.

Old December 15th, 2009, 02:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
John B[_2_]

On 2009-12-14 16:15:43 -0500, Larry L said:

[...]

Yeah but who else can ship a dehydrated heart across the country for 43
cents?

John

Old December 15th, 2009, 02:48 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2009-12-14 16:15:43 -0500, Larry L said:

[...]

The post office has been operating at a loss for, how long? It's just
like Medicare and Medicaid which are both running in the red.

Merry Christmas you old pirate.

And the same to you and yours, David.

Old December 15th, 2009, 03:48 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Old December 15th, 2009, 03:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On 2009-12-14 16:15:43 -0500, Larry L said:

[...]

Does your police department turn a profit? Your fire department?
Parks? Highway? Water treatment? Waste water treatment? County
board? State senate? Navy?

Imbecile.

Pig.

g.
Old December 15th, 2009, 03:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
MajorOz

On 2009-12-14 16:15:43 -0500, Larry L said:

[...]

right........because it is against federal law.......can't have
competition, donchaknow....

How about when Americans do stuff right or are the best there is we
recognize it and get off the soapbox.?

Agreed.............when we are, I am the first to do so.

cheers

oz, who done it right
Old December 15th, 2009, 04:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On 2009-12-14 16:15:43 -0500, Larry L said:

[...]

oz, who done it right- Hide quoted text -

Last time I looked FedEx could deliver a letter for you. What law are
you talking about? Is FedEx disobeying the law? Right I get it, the
only thing that's keeping the private sector from delivering letters
for 44 cents is the law.
Jebus help us man, thimbk!