inexpensive HEMOSTATS

Old December 4th, 2003, 05:51 PM
jd

Default inexpensive HEMOSTATS

FYI, this is where I've been buying my hemostats for years. They have a
toll-free number and ship the same the same day you place your order. Plus
they're having a sale!

http://www.bluelakeproducts.com/hemostat_sale.htm

Old December 5th, 2003, 03:06 AM
Randy

These "stats" cost the seller from 0.84 to 1.49 ea. Real nice of them to
give such a whopping discount. By the way these are made in Pakistan.

JR

link.net...

Old December 5th, 2003, 07:02 AM
Hooked

"Randy" wrote in message

By the way these are made in Pakistan.

JR

So are you trying to say that if we buy these, we're supporting terrorism?

Old December 5th, 2003, 12:01 PM
JohnR

I've had the cheap hemostats and I have a pair of Dr. Slicks. There is no
comparison. The Dr. Slicks work. And I picked them up on sale for $5. I
threw the cheapies out.

Old December 5th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Randy

Old December 5th, 2003, 04:01 PM
Randy

Your reply confirms my long term belief that there is one in every group.

I happen to be in the medical field and my sole reason for my comment was
to alert those not in the know that these are for the most part usually the
very bottom of the barrel as to quality. Even though they may look fine on
the surface (shiny, smooth, etc) the metal for the most part is quite
inferior and prone to unexpected breakage.

Maybe the old adage "You get what you pay for" will update your thinking.

Old December 5th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Ernie

Why would we want to replace what we have unless they break?
We aren't doing open heart surgery with them.
Ernie

,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Old December 5th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Wolfgang

"Randy" wrote in message
Your reply confirms my long term belief that there is one in every

group.

I happen to be in the medical field and my sole reason for my

comment was
to alert those not in the know that these are for the most part

usually the
very bottom of the barrel as to quality. Even though they may look

fine on
the surface (shiny, smooth, etc) the metal for the most part is

quite
inferior and prone to unexpected breakage.

Maybe the old adage "You get what you pay for" will update your

thinking.

Oh, I don't know about that. I just looked at my hemostats. They
were all made in Pakistan. They have served well and continue to do
so.

Wolfgang

Old December 6th, 2003, 05:12 AM
mmcgr

Randy wrote:

Your reply confirms my long term belief that there is one in every group.

I happen to be in the medical field and my sole reason for my comment was
to alert those not in the know that these are for the most part usually the
very bottom of the barrel as to quality. Even though they may look fine on
the surface (shiny, smooth, etc) the metal for the most part is quite
inferior and prone to unexpected breakage.

Maybe the old adage "You get what you pay for" will update your thinking.

I have quite a few years been happily using hemostats and tying scissors
made in Pakistan. I haven't broken any, and edges seem to hold their
sharpness quite well. I see no point in paying more for a fancy label.

Mike

Old December 6th, 2003, 07:19 PM
B J Conner

I have a pair that I forgot to turn in in 1968. They were made in Packistan.
No matter where there made it would appear there's a lot of manual labor
involved. Just a few more jobs gone offshore.