Trossachs Trout Fishing

Old November 22nd, 2003, 07:06 PM
John

Default Trossachs Trout Fishing

I am going to stay near Callander, Perthshire for a week from next Saturday,
anybody know of any Ghillies (sp??) etc. that could 'show me the ropes' as I
have NEVER fly fished before in my life, I just want 1 days tuition/fishing.
Alternatively any pointers to clubs, fisheries etc would be appreciated.

TIA

John

Old November 24th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Jim Murray

You're in wild river and loch country there John, also the brown trout
season will probably be over.

If you get some cold weather why not go for grayling? You can take them on
bait or fly and the rivers in that area have some really big fish. Also
don't forget the pike there, they will take a fly also although you need
special flies and a wire trace.

Best bet would be to contact the tackle shops in Callander or Pitlochry and
ask their advice,

Jim.

Old November 24th, 2003, 07:45 PM
roddytoo

"John" wrote in message
I am going to stay near Callander, Perthshire for a week from next

Saturday,
anybody know of any Ghillies (sp??) etc. that could 'show me the ropes' as

have NEVER fly fished before in my life, I just want 1 days

tuition/fishing.
Alternatively any pointers to clubs, fisheries etc would be appreciated.

TIA

John

You might try:
http://www.bobsport.co.uk/
Bob Brownless has more or less finished the fishing for the year, but may do
the odd day guiding. There are some stocked rainbow lochs nearby.
Also:
http://www.country-pursuits.com/
at Bridge of Allan, may also provide a guide / ghillie.
A bit too late for river trout, I think.

Old November 24th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Ed

I'm afraid the trout fishing is firmly closed for the season, you could try
some of the stocked waters and the one that springs to mind is

Drummond Trout Fishery
http://www.drummondtroutfarm.co.uk

I hope you get some decent weather, enjooy the trip and return in the summer
when there's lots more fishing avaialable

Eddie