Lowrance Support

Old January 24th, 2004, 02:31 PM
George

Default Lowrance Support

Hey guys,
I went to the local sportman's expo last night with just the intentions of
getting out of the house. As usual, this expo sucked. Over the years it has
been slowing gearing itself towards hunting, trips, RV's, ect. But, the beer
is always cold and it's nice to get out of the house.

Anyway, in the begining of last season, I deceided to purchase an LMS320 GPS
unit to replace my X75 depth finder. I called Lowrance tech staff and they
told me i was in luck and could use the same power cord and thru-hull
transduecer. Awsome, I found a good price on the internet and she was on the
boat in no time.

After a few trips the sonar end started giving me funny readings. I did more
research and found out that the X75 transducer is 192khz and the LMS320 is
200khz. Hmm.... doesn't sound right.

So, while I'm at the Beer Expo, I talk to the Lowrance rep and he wants the
name of the tech that gave me that info and how "connector colors" are not the
correct way to determine if cords and transducers are compatible!

The bottom line is that Tuesday he is going to ship me a thru-hull transducer
free of cost!! Awsome!! Now the tech staff that I spoke to last week on the
phone pretty much told me I had to eat the cost and there was nothing I could
do.

George
Bucks County, PA
a href="http://www.911bassanglers.com911 Bass Anglers/a
a href="http://www.outdoorfrontiers.comOutdoor Frontiers/a
a href="http://www.nmnp.comNew Media For Non Profits/a
Old January 24th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"George" wrote in message SNIP

The bottom line is that Tuesday he is going to ship me a thru-hull

transducer
free of cost!! Awsome!! Now the tech staff that I spoke to last week on

the
phone pretty much told me I had to eat the cost and there was nothing I

could
do.

Hey George,

While it's a shame that you were told the wrong information initially, I'm
not surprised that the Lowrance rep took care of you the way he did. The
few times that I've had to contact Lowrance, they were nothing but top
notch.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old January 24th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Calvin Mitcham

i have to agree with the awesome service from these folks. they sent me
a free temp sensor for my lcx15mt, just because i changed my mind when i
saw the temp/speed wheel that i had requested with the unit. they didn't
even ask for the first one returned.

calvin.

Old January 25th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Jerry Barton

I've got a brand new transom transducer & bracket that a person sent me for
a Lowrance, that I'd send to anyone that can use it, but I have no idea
which unit it goes to. It has a label that says " HS-WSBK - WIDE ANGLE"
which is part number 90-73 192kHz 20deg. email me if anyone is interested
and we can make arrangements.