Fly Tying Symposium Somerset, NJ in 2007

Old September 5th, 2007, 10:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
charettl

Default Fly Tying Symposium Somerset, NJ in 2007

Does anyone know if the International Fly Tying Symposium will take
place in Nov 2007? or has it been canceled?

--
charettl
Old September 5th, 2007, 11:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Tom Littleton

"charettl" wrote in message

Does anyone know if the International Fly Tying Symposium will take
place in Nov 2007? or has it been canceled?

I would be surprised if they cancelled.....do you have
any information to that effect??
Tom
p.s. I have the very recent issue of Fly Tyer around.
They might have information on this, or an Ad. Will
try and look for it later.....

Old September 6th, 2007, 12:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
salmobytes

On Sep 5, 3:55 pm, charettl wrote:
Does anyone know if the International Fly Tying Symposium will take
place in Nov 2007? or has it been canceled?

Google maps is amazing. I saw the reference to Somerset New Jersey
(Joisey?) in the original post to this thread, which is perhaps 15
miles
from where I grew up (well, where I was young, the grew up part is
debatable)
on the corner of Prospect and Harrison Streets in Princeton, NJ.

That house is still there, 55 years later, clearly visible on
Google maps, with the same roofline now as way back then
(a mansard roof with a flat, square top to it).

So are the swamps and lagoons along lake Carnegie, Stoney Brook
and the Millstone River, where I
caught a half a zillion sunnies, bluegills, large mouth, rock bass
and pickerel. Snagged a few big carp too. In paradise, they
must have a drop-down menu where you can choose between
the fishing you want: bonefish now, sunnies ten minutes later,
steelhead in the afternoon...........and no global warming
at all........

Old September 6th, 2007, 12:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
LouF[_3_]

I saw Roger Plourde last night. It's on it's regular weekend before
Thanksgiving.
"charettl" wrote in message

Does anyone know if the International Fly Tying Symposium will take
place in Nov 2007? or has it been canceled?

--
charettl
charettl's Profile:

http://www.njflyfishing.com/vBulleti...hp?userid=2229
View this thread:

http://www.njflyfishing.com/vBulleti...ad.php?t=12442

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Old September 6th, 2007, 11:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
charettl[_2_]

Thanks, I'll make a hotel reservation.

--
charettl
Old September 7th, 2007, 03:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Tom Littleton

thanks, Lou. Maybe I'll wallow my lanky butt up there
this year.g
Tom

Old September 13th, 2007, 11:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
AKSkim[_3_]

November 17-18, 2007 at the Doubletree Hotel, Somerset, NJ

'The International Fly Tying Symposium - World's Largest Show for Fly
Tying' (http://tinyurl.com/2nyu6x)

Last year there appeared to be less vendors at the show. I hope that
trend doesn't continue into this years show.

Two years ago they had Shane Stalcup there as a featured tyier, I
believe he is the most talented tyier and innovator of patterns that
has come on to the scene in the past decade. Anyone hear if he will be
attending this year?

--
AKSkim

*.... people who go through life lost ...... and fly fisherman !*
*#1 in posts scrubbed*
*Winner of the NEFF 2007 Most Prestigious Award*
Old September 14th, 2007, 07:59 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
John

"AKSkim" Sez:

Last year there appeared to be less vendors at the show. I hope that
trend doesn't continue into this years show.

Sadly that trend IS happening all over the country. There are less vendors.
Less show attendees. Less fly shops. More inrternet sales. I don't
personally have the numbers but recently a fly tying materials supplier said
he thought there was less than 700 fly shops left in the USA.

John