Which is your favorite fluorocarbon?

Old October 10th, 2003, 12:15 PM
SHRED

Default Which is your favorite fluorocarbon?

As main line, not just a leader, on a baitcaster.

I am thinking of trying P-Line 100% Fluorocarbon.
Any one try Sugoi or Triple Fish?
Which brand have you had success with?

I have read there are really only 3 manufacturers worldwide, 2 in Japan and
1 in Germany. Is that correct?

Old October 11th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"SHRED" wrote in message news:qpwhb.52329$gv5.11787@fed1read05...
As main line, not just a leader, on a baitcaster.

I am thinking of trying P-Line 100% Fluorocarbon.
Any one try Sugoi or Triple Fish?
Which brand have you had success with?

I have read there are really only 3 manufacturers worldwide, 2 in Japan and
1 in Germany. Is that correct?

I've heard good things about the P-Line but haven't personally tried it. I can personally guarantee
you won't like Vanish.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Old October 11th, 2003, 03:21 PM
SHRED©

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

"SHRED" wrote in message

As main line, not just a leader, on a baitcaster.

I am thinking of trying P-Line 100% Fluorocarbon.
Any one try Sugoi or Triple Fish?
Which brand have you had success with?

I have read there are really only 3 manufacturers worldwide, 2 in Japan

and
1 in Germany. Is that correct?

I've heard good things about the P-Line but haven't personally tried it.

I can personally guarantee
you won't like Vanish.

Yep. I also have heard that Vanish breaks way too much. I don't know if they
changed their formula but I don't want to take a risk.

Old October 11th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Chris Rennert

Seguar is by far the best Fluorocarbon I have used. I have landed 12lb
steelies on 2lb fluoro leaders (granted that is cold water and they are
not as fired up , but the strength is still there).
I haven't used P-Line 100% Fluoro yet, but do plan on it next spring.

Hope this helps

Chris
newsdUhb.53939$gv5.22336@fed1read05...

Old October 11th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Dave Norton

There is another brand of line called Siglon. Manufactured
by Sunline. I first saw it at the Rodbuilders Conclave last Jan. This stuff
is awesome. Very little memory and none of the stiffness you associate with
flurocarbon. You can read at bit about it at: www.srtroutsupply.com .

--
Dave Norton
Millennium Rods

Old October 11th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Dark Knight

Morning Shred,

I agree with the comments about Vanish here - not a good product.

My current fav for fluorocarbon is actually a bit of a hybrid. Cuda Fishing
Line, am Brazilian product under the TFD logo (www.tfd.cc), is a
fluorocarbon coated line that I've been experimenting with for more than a
year in my Walleye pursuits. It's much more user-friendly than the Vanish
product, and has significant strength to diameter. (The 8lbs will break
around the 12lbs mark...)

In fairness, this is not a line you'll find at the local bait shop - unless
you live near the ocean, but there are several places on the web where you
can pick it up.

DK

I agree with the comments

Old November 4th, 2003, 05:14 PM
go-bassn

The best fcbn line out there is Seaguar. I used it all summer long & have
no complaints.

Warren

Old November 5th, 2003, 02:41 AM
SamB

I'm Happy with the Tripple fish products. Use it for leader on my various
low stretch braids.
SamB