Aussie Possum

Old April 12th, 2007, 06:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Default Aussie Possum

rw wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
http://www.chichesterinc.com/MountainManHats.htm

Gracious, the coyote is just *so* you ! ;-)

You'd look great in the skunk.

Do you really think so ? I was thinking the *exact* same thing.
There's nothing like a little black hat to bring out the twinkle
in my mischievous green eyes.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 12th, 2007, 07:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

Scott Seidman wrote in
. 1.4:

rw wrote in news:461e7102$0$5499
:

You'd look great in the skunk.

Actually, I agree!

Oops, lost the thread. I was admiring the skunk for myself!

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old April 12th, 2007, 08:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Ken Fortenberry typed:
rw wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
http://www.chichesterinc.com/MountainManHats.htm

Gracious, the coyote is just *so* you ! ;-)

You'd look great in the skunk.

Do you really think so ? I was thinking the *exact* same thing.
There's nothing like a little black hat to bring out the twinkle
in my mischievous green eyes.

You want I should send you my top hat and black sequined thong? I'd offer
the black wingtips as well, but you probably wouldn't want to wear them
after my feet have been in them.
--
TL,
Tim

Old April 12th, 2007, 08:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Tim J. wrote:
Ken Fortenberry typed:
rw wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
http://www.chichesterinc.com/MountainManHats.htm
Gracious, the coyote is just *so* you ! ;-)
You'd look great in the skunk.

Do you really think so ? I was thinking the *exact* same thing.
There's nothing like a little black hat to bring out the twinkle
in my mischievous green eyes.

You want I should send you my top hat and black sequined thong? I'd offer
the black wingtips as well, but you probably wouldn't want to wear them
after my feet have been in them.

That's very generous of you but one of these years it'd be nice
if you'd make this offer *before* the Easter Parade. I simply
won't have any reason to wear that ensemble until the start of
football tailgating season. And you're right about the wingtips
but it's not a hygiene issue, I just prefer Birkenstocks.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 12th, 2007, 09:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
BJ Conner

On Apr 12, 10:49 am, rw wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

How do you think I'd look in
http://www.chichesterinc.com/MountainManHats.htm??

Gracious, the coyote is just *so* you ! ;-)

You'd look great in the skunk.

Ken would look good in a Fox Hat.

http://www.bofunk.com/video/1615/wear_the_fox_hat.html

Old April 12th, 2007, 10:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Ken Fortenberry typed:
Tim J. wrote:
Ken Fortenberry typed:
rw wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
http://www.chichesterinc.com/MountainManHats.htm
Gracious, the coyote is just *so* you ! ;-)
You'd look great in the skunk.
Do you really think so ? I was thinking the *exact* same thing.
There's nothing like a little black hat to bring out the twinkle
in my mischievous green eyes.

You want I should send you my top hat and black sequined thong? I'd
offer the black wingtips as well, but you probably wouldn't want to
wear them after my feet have been in them.

That's very generous of you but one of these years it'd be nice
if you'd make this offer *before* the Easter Parade. I simply
won't have any reason to wear that ensemble until the start of
football tailgating season. And you're right about the wingtips
but it's not a hygiene issue, I just prefer Birkenstocks.

Freakin' commie libs!
--
TL,
Tim

Old April 13th, 2007, 08:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Gene Cottrell

"Peter A. Collin" wrote in message
I found a source for Australian Possum skins, not too far from where I
live. The catch is, they are a mail order company. I can't waltz in and
buy a pelt. They also have a $50 limit to order. i don't need 2 skins - a
little dubbing goes a long way. Does anybody care to go in on an order
with me? They are $35 a piece. The company also sells all sorts of hair
and hides. Anybody?

Pete Collin

It would take several lifetimes to use that much Australian Opossum fur -
for me. A few scraps would suffice and I wouldn't need to worry about
storage. You can buy a small piece for $1.75 at:
http://www.tightlinesflyshop.com/ind...ROD&ProdID=888 or
a bunch of scraps for $13 a pound at:
http://www.chichesterinc.com/Austral...umScrapFur.htm - of course this
site wants $50 minimum.