And now the rest of the story.....

Old September 19th, 2006, 10:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Gene Cottrell

Default And now the rest of the story.....

Full article: http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2...9192006/219696

"Those trying to assign blame for global warming are entitled to their
opinion, but they can't have their own truth. They usually try to rebut the
facts with unsupported assertions and generalizations. But saying doesn't
make it so. The truth is that nothing humans do compares to volcanoes and
solar flares. As for pollution of air, water and upper atmosphere, the
United States is far from the worst on the planet, and we have little or no
influence on the others--India, China, Russia, and most of Africa. Areas
with the highest population densities and emerging economies are classically
the worst polluters.

Finally, beware of blogs or professors with a political bias twisting,
oversimplifying or misstating facts. Apparently these folks don't understand
all they know, and they seem to reject any documented historical context
that disagrees with their preconceived positions. You can't understand what
is happening unless you understand what has happened in the past. You can't
understand a complex problem like Global Warming with locally isolated
environmental anecdotes."

ROY M. STANLEY

Old September 19th, 2006, 10:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

Gene,

You're and idiot.

john

Old September 19th, 2006, 11:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
George Cleveland

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:11:57 -0400, "Gene Cottrell"
wrote:

[...]

The trouble is Gene, this guy is almost completely wrong. OIf course
volcanoes produce carbon d and other greenhouse gases. They have for
100s of millions of years. In fact, if they didn't, we wouldn't be
here. Without some level of greenhouse gases the Earth would be an
iceball. What virtually all scientists are saying is that its the
human component that is adding greenhouse gases on top of the baseline
of natural greenhouse gases that is causing most of the warming.

As far as the U.S. not being the "worst" contributor, according to the
Department of Energy we contribute 25% of the worlds total. We only
have 5% of the worlds population. This makes us the largest per capita
contributor of CO2 in the world.

" The U.S. produces about 25 percent of global carbon dioxide
emissions from burning fossil fuels; primarily because our economy is
the largest in the world and we meet 85 percent of our energy needs
through burning fossil fuels."

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/1605/ggccebro/chapter1.html

Finally, Repubs should not hitch there horses too securely to the
global warming deniers. The word on the street is that Bush is going
to convert to a global warming believer in his last two years and make
it his "Nixon to China" issue.

g.c.

Old September 20th, 2006, 12:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
George Cleveland

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 22:04:24 GMT, rw
wrote:

George Cleveland wrote:

Finally, Repubs should not hitch there horses too securely to the
global warming deniers. The word on the street is that Bush is going
to convert to a global warming believer in his last two years and make
it his "Nixon to China" issue.

Sesame Street?

http://news.independent.co.uk/enviro...cle1604092.ece

hth

g.c.

Old September 20th, 2006, 06:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JoeSpareBedroom

"George Cleveland" wrote in message

Finally, Repubs should not hitch there horses too securely to the
global warming deniers. The word on the street is that Bush is going
to convert to a global warming believer in his last two years and make
it his "Nixon to China" issue.

g.c.

I wonder if his sitters can find small enough words to enable the child to
speak about it in public.

Old September 21st, 2006, 07:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Gene Cottrell

"asadi" wrote in message
Gene,

You're and idiot.

john

John,

One certainly couldn't expect a more civil response from a person like you.

Gene

Old September 21st, 2006, 07:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Gene Cottrell" wrote in message

"asadi" wrote in message
Gene,

You're and idiot.

john

John,

One certainly couldn't expect a more civil response from a person like
you.

One certainly could. One has seen many.

Or, perhaps you just meant that one couldn't expect a more civil response
from someone like him under the circumstances. Yeah, that would be correct.

Wolfgang

Old September 23rd, 2006, 08:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"George Cleveland" wrote in message

Finally, Repubs should not hitch there horses too securely to the
global warming deniers. The word on the street is that Bush is going
to convert to a global warming believer in his last two years and make
it his "Nixon to China" issue.

g.c.

I wonder if his sitters can find small enough words to enable the child to
speak about it in public.

"You see, the smoke in the atmos....at...uh, sky is bad. That means its not
good. See? Bad. And this not-good, uh...bad smoke stuff is poisoning our
air. So we have to....uh...make it go away....uh....make it stop so that we
can continue to breathe the uhh....air in the air around us. And around our
nation. The air around our nation is around us, and we have to breathe it to
make our nation....uhhh....breathe. Because breathing is a right..uhh, I
believe its a right....at least in Texas its a right....well, maybe not a
right, but its a good idea....uh.....and if its a good idea for Texans, then
its a good idea for all Amercuns. So lets join together in this great nation
and breathe!"

--riverman