has any-one asked to see you're license?

Old August 8th, 2005, 11:18 AM
fishin' kid fishin' kid is offline
Junior Member

Question has any-one asked to see you're license?

i normally fish my local river where it says you need the river license to fish but the baliff hasn't gone down there for years so i dont bother to buy it plus the river isn't looked after at all and sometimes we have to take shears to cut the weeds down to even get close to the water.

When i go to lakes the baliffs there don't bother asking you if you have a rod license they just ask you to pay for a day ticket, i feel that most lake/river baliffs are just after money and that is why they dont ask if you have a rod license, some places (e.g my local river) dont look after the river and i think they should use the money we pay to make it better for anglers.

what are you're thought's about this?
__________________
keep catchin'
Old August 8th, 2005, 06:31 PM
David H. Lipman

From: "fishin' kid"

| i normally fish my local river where it says you need the river license
| to fish but the baliff hasn't gone down there for years so i dont
| bother to buy it plus the river isn't looked after at all and sometimes
| we have to take shears to cut the weeds down to even get close to the
| water.
|
| When i go to lakes the baliffs there don't bother asking you if youhave a rod license they
| just ask you to pay for a day ticket, i feelthat most lake/river baliffs are just after
| money and that is why theydont ask if you have a rod license, some places (e.g my local
| river)dont look after the river and i think they should use the money we payto make it
| better for anglers.
|
| what are you're thought's about this?-- fishin' kid

Baliffs ?

I know them as "Game Wardens".

My friend has a cabin in the Poconoe Mountains, Penns., and his brother lived in Georgia. I
live in NJ. Well we went to a lake nereby and we were approached by an older gentlemen with
a 9mm and a Penns. badge. He asked us both for licenses. We both produced "out of state"
licenses and we sat down for a little while and had a nice chat.

Here in NJ evey so often an unmarked blue Chevy Caprice will show up on my beach. The only
identifying mark is the "SG" on the license plate. He isn't there to check licenses, he is
there to check to make sure the Fluke are the minimum size or other Salt Water regulations
are not breached.

Having Fish & Game licenses and fines doesn't bother me. Hell, it helps raise funds for
stocking programs. What I object to is the minimum size for Fluke is 16.5" and the average
fish falls well below maybe maxing out at 13".

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old August 8th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Dr Epstein

From: "fishin' kid"

| i normally fish my local river where it says you need the river license
| to fish but the baliff hasn't gone down there for years so i dont
| bother to buy it plus the river isn't looked after at all and sometimes
| we have to take shears to cut the weeds down to even get close to the
| water.
|
| When i go to lakes the baliffs there don't bother asking you if youhave

a rod license they
| just ask you to pay for a day ticket, i feelthat most lake/river baliffs

are just after
| money and that is why theydont ask if you have a rod license, some

places (e.g my local
| river)dont look after the river and i think they should use the money we

payto make it
| better for anglers.
|
| what are you're thought's about this?-- fishin' kid

Baliffs ?

I know them as "Game Wardens".

My friend has a cabin in the Poconoe Mountains, Penns., and his brother

lived in Georgia. I
live in NJ. Well we went to a lake nereby and we were approached by an

older gentlemen with
a 9mm and a Penns. badge. He asked us both for licenses. We both

produced "out of state"
licenses and we sat down for a little while and had a nice chat.

Here in NJ evey so often an unmarked blue Chevy Caprice will show up on my

beach. The only
identifying mark is the "SG" on the license plate. He isn't there to

check licenses, he is
there to check to make sure the Fluke are the minimum size or other Salt

Water regulations
are not breached.

Having Fish & Game licenses and fines doesn't bother me. Hell, it helps

raise funds for
stocking programs. What I object to is the minimum size for Fluke is

16.5" and the average
fish falls well below maybe maxing out at 13".

I could live with 16.5 " for fluke.
In NY and Conn it's 17.5".

Old August 9th, 2005, 03:21 PM
David H. Lipman

From: "Dr Epstein"

| I could live with 16.5 " for fluke.
| In NY and Conn it's 17.5".

Yeah, I heard about that. Many boats out of Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY, come and fish the
Jersey Shore and they can fish the same waters as Jersey party boats but they have the limit
because they start and return to NY waters.

I think the disparity SUCKS !

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old August 10th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Bob La Londe

--
fishin' kid

Not sure what you are asking exactly. I don't fish many places that require
a "day ticket." Seems to me if you have to buy a permit by the day a
regular license would not be required. I have had my fishing license checked
many times. Last year I had a stretch where my license was checked byt he
same guy foru trip out in a row. Well, that's not totally true. The fourth
time he recognized me finally, and said he didn't need to see my license.

--
Bob La Londe

Win a Tackle Pack
Jig Fishing - Tips and Techniques Contest
Courtesy of Siebler Custom Baits
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old August 10th, 2005, 05:39 PM
bass109 bass109 is offline
Junior Member

Location: kansas
Talking

Most people in the north east are not as kind as the people in the south. I have been asked more often than needed but hey dont let that ruin your day.
Old August 11th, 2005, 02:26 AM
Cyli

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:19:31 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

(Snipped)

Not sure what you are asking exactly. I don't fish many places that require
a "day ticket." Seems to me if you have to buy a permit by the day a
regular license would not be required. I have had my fishing license checked
many times. Last year I had a stretch where my license was checked byt he
same guy foru trip out in a row. Well, that's not totally true. The fourth
time he recognized me finally, and said he didn't need to see my license.

I understand it's common in Europe and maybe Great Britian. You do
need the license, but then you have to purchase a right to fish in a
particular place from the owner for the day / week / season. Much of
the water over the Atlantic is private. The license is from the
political body governing the area (as ours are), the permit is from
the owner of the water.

Makes me understand the word foreign when I find out about something
like that...

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)
Old August 11th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Pup

Ok, I too was trying to understand the original poster trying to
purchase a "river license". I thought at first, must be in the UK?

Old August 11th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Cyli

On 11 Aug 2005 08:00:25 -0700, "Pup" wrote:

Ok, I too was trying to understand the original poster trying to
purchase a "river license". I thought at first, must be in the UK?

Germany, too, I believe. And some countries don't (or didn't at my
last information) allow catch and release fishing. If you catch it,
you take it home with you. I don't know what they do about size
restrictions or even if they have any. I know that some of the
private waters have number of fish per species limits and assume that
all or most of the countries do, too. And I believe there's on
country (Germany comes to mind) where you have to pass a test to get
your basic license.

Sort of like the difference in the Internet here and 'over there'. In
many places every byte and bit you download is counted, where in the
US, as far as I know, we have, at most, number of hour limits until
you get to some of the specialized ones where people download binaries
by the ton. My present ISP just went from 200 hours / month for
dialup users to unlimited. They'd had DSL users unlimited from the
start. So even though editing posts is merely good manners in the US,
it's saving money in other countries.

Old August 11th, 2005, 08:16 PM
fishin' kid fishin' kid is offline
Junior Member

Yes i am in the U.K
the river license lets you fish certain parts of the river.
keep catchin'