How Far Do You Go

Old January 10th, 2008, 05:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default How Far Do You Go

How far do you go for a fellow participating member of an on-line community?

If there is a tackle maker who sells on-line and is also a contributing
member of an on-line community you participate in do you try their products
as a "neighborly" thing to do?

Maybe place a bigger order than you would to try somebody elses new
products?

If they have some issues with filling a pre-paid order how long do you wait
before getting nasty?

a. With them?
b. Publicly?

Do you just write it off and walk away?

Do you tear them a new one with published vitreole in the on-line community?

77 days and counting.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old January 10th, 2008, 07:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

If they have some issues with filling a pre-paid order how long do you
wait before getting nasty?
a. With them?
b. Publicly?
Do you just write it off and walk away?
Do you tear them a new one with published vitreole in the on-line
community?
77 days and counting.
--
Bob La Londe

=======

Bob, for me, life is too short to entertain a lot of conflict.....I may
voice my concerns and opinion, but after that, I just walk away most
times!

I trust most everyone until they break that trust, and if they do, it's
their problem not mine!

I'm not a "patsy", but I avoid negative situations and people as much as
posible....life is fun, I intend to keep it that way!

John

Old January 10th, 2008, 09:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"John B" wrote in message

[...]

Yeah, I mostly agree. I have had to walk away from many thousands of
dollars over the years. People that went bankrupt, didn't pass on money
paid for a service, etc, or just plain old loans that were never paid back.

Believe it or not I get over those prettyy quickly. In this cases its a
regular in an on-line community I frequent. They even sent me some free
samples a long while back. Between those two things I decided to support
them and made a larger order than I really needed.

I've gotten multiple replies saying, they will get it shipped soon, they
would add some extra free stuff to make up for it, then a bunch of extra
free stuff to make up for it, etc, but push comes to shove its been 77 days
now.

--
Bob La Londe
The guy who decides who we do business with.

Old January 10th, 2008, 10:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris.S

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I believe you deal with them privately....Personally I dont want to hear it
Dont know all the facts and dont want to .....
--
Chris S.

replace com with net to email

Old January 10th, 2008, 10:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
.. .
How far do you go for a fellow participating member of an on-line
community?

If there is a tackle maker who sells on-line and is also a contributing
member of an on-line community you participate in do you try their
products as a "neighborly" thing to do?

I don't. Call me a **** if you'd like, but I consider my needs first and
foremost. All of my wants and needs (thus far) have been met by the usual
manufacturers and retailers and I don't buy from forum members just for the
sake of buying to do them a "favor." I suppose they'd all go broke if
everyone was like me. If someone follows the old business success formula
("find a need and fill it") and has something useful that is otherwise
unavailable, then I wouldn't hesitate to place an order.

Old January 11th, 2008, 12:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Chris.S" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

And if that just doesn't work? Repeated request are met with promises to
take care of you and nothing ever happens?

Old January 11th, 2008, 03:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Guy Anderson, Sr.

In this cases its a
regular in an on-line community I frequent. They even sent me some free
samples a long while back. Between those two things I decided to support
them and made a larger order than I really needed.

Why not be entirely straightforward and name names, instead of casting
anonymous aspersions which can harm innocent and respected
participants on this forum?
Old January 11th, 2008, 05:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

On Jan 10, 8:58*pm, "Guy Anderson, Sr."
wrote:
In this cases its a
regular in an on-line community I frequent. *They even sent me some free
samples a long while back. *Between those two things I decided to support
them and made a larger order than I really needed.

Why not be entirely straightforward and name names, instead of casting
anonymous aspersions which can harm innocent and respected
participants on this forum?

Because there is always the chance their excuses are legit and they
might come through.

Old January 11th, 2008, 12:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
gwilber

At least if they are still corresponding with you that is a good
sign. My son recently ordered an item off of ebay. I paid with pay
pal and never received the item. I repeatedly tried to contact the
seller and they would not respond to any of my emails. Finally I
filed a complaint with ebay and pay pal and that same day the seller
responded and refunded my money. I have never had any bad deallings
with anyone I know on a forum but as long as they are talking to you I
would give them the benefit of the doubt. If it does end up not going
well then I would post the situation just so other people don't end up
with the same problem.

Gary
Old January 11th, 2008, 10:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris.S

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"Chris.S" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Then if paid with a credit card call them and have them reverse the charges
and buy them elsewhere..... I just didnt think we needed to hear about it
here..sorry