HARD BAITS

Old February 12th, 2008, 10:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

Default HARD BAITS

can some one please recommend a good hard bait for me. (perferably
not top water)

THANKS
Old February 12th, 2008, 11:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

wrote in message
can some one please recommend a good hard bait for me. (perferably
not top water)

THANKS

Flat A
Fat A
Baby N
Deep Baby N
Shad-R

Why? They all work.

Old February 13th, 2008, 12:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
wrote in message
can some one please recommend a good hard bait for me. (perferably
not top water)

THANKS

Flat A
Fat A
Baby N
Deep Baby N
Shad-R

Why? They all work.

First of all, you have to remember that there is no ONE good hard bait.
There are literally hundreds of different models, styles, brands and colors
that will catch fish. There are models that run just under the surface,
some run down three-five feet and there are deep divers that will hit
eighteen to twenty feet. I carry probably 100 different crankbaits in my
boat and I'm not even a big crankbait fan.

Bob has already listed some good ones and here's some more.

Original floating Rapala (gold/black and silver/blue)
Original jointed Rapala (same colors)
Rapala Suspending Husky Jerk
Rapala Shad Rap
Worden's Timber Tiger
Bomber Long A
Rapala X-Rap
RattleTrap
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 13th, 2008, 12:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

HARD BAITS

can some one please recommend a good hard bait for me. (perferably
not top water)

THANKS

=======

Since you don't prefer top water, I won't mention the "Zara Spook".

Since my son is a "pro", and this is one of his sponsors, it may sound
like "spam", but I have had some pretty good luck with them. They are
"Water Striker" lures (Strike Pro U.S.A).

Classic shad 65..chartreuse

Wild Vibe...chartreuse shad

Disclaimer: I am more of a soft plastics enthusiast, so I am not the
"expert" on hard baits.

John B

Old February 13th, 2008, 02:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

On Feb 12, 4:29*pm, wrote:
can some one please recommend a good hard bait for me. *(perferably
not top water)

THANKS

Hard to beat Shadraps - many sizes and colors to fit all needs.

I got a 8-13 on a Strike King Series Five last month.

All crankbaits will catch fish. Pick the size to match the baitfish
and depth you want to fish and chunk it.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old February 13th, 2008, 11:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty

"Ronnie" wrote in message

All crankbaits will catch fish.

That's my experience over the 38 years I've been using crankbaits. And much
of the time, maybe most for me, the "rules" don't hold, such as when to use
rattles, type of wobble, certain colors, etc.

Old February 14th, 2008, 01:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Haubenreich

I recommend that you invest in a telescoping lure retriever and harvest
crankbaits off trees along lake shores. This saves you a ton of money, is
ecologically sound (in fact, I think it may even reduce your carbon
footprint), and is fun, too.

For several years, as several in this group can attest, I've made it my
practice to tie on the lure I just plucked from the "lakeside market" and
fish it for a while. Usually I catch fish with it, too, at about the same
rate as I did with the carefully selected crankbait that it replaced.

That's not to say all crankbaits are the same, of course. Where I throw my
new acquisition and how I retrieve it depends on its design. But the lesson
I've learned is that we tend to over-complicate things.

Joe

Old February 14th, 2008, 03:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

wrote in message
can some one please recommend a good hard bait for me. (perferably
not top water)

THANKS

I have to say I think crankbait selection can be over complicated. I've got
boxes and boxes of hard baits. I think I'm going to paint them all into 5
patterns. Black, white, black & white, threadfin shad, and baby bass. I
might keep a couple in red/orange or orange/brown craw patterns, but they
just don't produce that much of the year for me, and I can always rig up a
rubber craw in the same areas and catch as many or more fish when that
pattern is working.

Guess which one(s) of the above has given me the biggest fish, best
tournament finishes, and most catches.