Worst Fishing show on TV

Old February 25th, 2008, 04:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mike Getz[_2_]

Default Worst Fishing show on TV

Worse than Roland? I'd be willing to bet money he'd pimp orthopedic
underwear if giving the chance. He needs to get sponsored by SlimFast or
NutriSystem, I saw him on a show from a few years ago with Jimmy Houston, he
was MUCH slimmer then

"RichZ" wrote in message
Pat_RI wrote:
Roland Martin is the worst it is just one big promotion.
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

I have the most trouble with Shaw Grigsby's shows these days. I just can't
stand the way he uses the trade names of products like real words. He
doesn't say "my line" he says "my sufix". He doesn't say "I'm gonna need
the pliers to get this hook out", he says "I'm gonna need the Van Stalls"
to get this hook out. Last year, those two sentences would have included
Stren and Gerber. I find it way over the top, and actually can't watch the
show because of it. Shaw's a great guy, and super fisherman. In real life,
he's great to talk to. But his entire monologue on the shaw is product
plug.

Old February 25th, 2008, 09:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Da Chief

Was that slimmer because he was next to Houston? Or, was he actually
slimmer? I met him in person about 4yrs ago and he had what I politely call
a "butter bean" gut. My preacher friend calls it a "chicken coop".

Shelby Foles,
If you auto reply, then you'd better get "the heck" out of my email or it
won't arrive.

Old February 26th, 2008, 05:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joshuall

As far as I'm concerned there are way to many bad fishing shows on tv. I
have the dvr set to record far less than I used to. I really dislike the
Bill Dance Show. . . not Bill who I understand is a wonderful fellow. His
show just sucks big time. Private pond, all big bass and Strike King lure
commercial till I'm sick of it. I no longer watch. Dimestore is a joke,
Fishing University is a guy who charges lure manufacturers tons of $ to be
on his 30 min commercial, The inshow commercials are killing the quality of
these shows. From the blatant that's already been mentioned to "cute" shots
of this and that laying around the deck And my favorite idiot box "Aqua
View" who they all have on their boats and none can use unless the water is
gin clear which rules out most bodies of water we all fish.

I do like the Linders Anglers Edge, since they left Infisherman I think it's
quality is down and I do like Doug Stange. I also get a laugh out of Charlie
Moore who's entire thing is tongue in cheek. + Charlie's got the hottest
wife on TV ! g We have a guy here in Illinois who's fairly new/and
regional. Show is called Time on the water. Good balance of fishing, fairly
low on the commercial stuff and lakes and rivers people can get to and fish
locally. My two cents thanks guys/gals. oh and yeah . . . Out Door frontiers
(fishing episodes) good job stevester.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old February 26th, 2008, 09:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mike Getz[_2_]

I guess not tourny fishing has let him tack on a few pounds. I ain't saying
nothing, but if he was to haul a$$ he'd need to make 2 trips

Old February 26th, 2008, 09:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty

You're watching old shows; Bill and Strike King parted ways years ago. But
the private water and big bass are still there.

. ..

Old February 27th, 2008, 12:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joshuall

yeah must be re runs forever. Thanks for the heads up. When did he leave
Strike King ? Thought the owner and he were bosom buddies ?

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old February 27th, 2008, 02:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

Joshuall wrote:
yeah must be re runs forever. Thanks for the heads up. When did he leave
Strike King ? Thought the owner and he were bosom buddies ?

Strike King started to groom Shaw as Bill's replacement for the 'main TV
spokesperson' job 6 or 7 years ago. I think they expected Bill to retire
into the sunset. But along cam Booyah/Pradco with an offer he couldn't
refuse, and...
Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mark D

SON!, What are you talkin bout?, we're talkin BIG FISH!

He's a great amercan fisherman, he'll fish anywehere, anywhere there's
water. lord knows hee'll be there!

Ya gotta a laugh with Rolando, and I won't perhaps call his show the
worst, as there's entertainment factor, but I will say the best show I
used to like, was In-Fisherman, with Al, Ron Lindner, Larry Dahlberg,
etc. Mark

Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mark D

I've talked with Bill Dance in person, as well as spoken with Al
Lindner, and Garry Roach face to face, all really nice guys.

Ya gotta love some of Bill's outtakes, and the one with Terry Bradshaw,
where Terry is robbing some guy's Orange Grove had me in stitches.
Terry's really one funny guy! Mark

Old March 11th, 2008, 12:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joshuall

Agree with both comments Mark for sure. !

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear