XPS Flurocarbon

Old April 3rd, 2008, 06:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mike Getz[_2_]

Default XPS Flurocarbon

I bought a new ultra light weight reel and spooled on some XPS #8
Fluorocarbon, which was brand new. I had the chance try it out last night,
here's what I noticed and don't know if I got good or bad line. I noticed
that it would float on the surface sometimes and coil like a phone cord.
The water temps and air temps were low to mid 50's if this helps any.

Old April 4th, 2008, 02:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Two things....
1. XPS line from BPS sucks. Use Stren.
2. 8# line on an ultra light reel is too big. Switch to 6# and you'll love
it.

Old April 4th, 2008, 06:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mike Getz[_2_]

I bought the BPS ProLite Finesse Baitcaster reel, I didn't think 6# would
work on it, I thought it was to small of a line. I'll give the Stren a
whirl.

Kevin Van Dam hucks the stuff, who can you trust? (beside you guys in here)

. ..

Old April 4th, 2008, 08:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Wait a minute... hold the phone!

When you said you bought an ultra light reel, I was envisioning a spinning
reel. Most people will see where I erred... but this is a baitcaster? I
looked it up just to be sure and you're right. 6# test will definately be
too small, and the website product listing shows 10# line. That's the
smallest that I'd ever use on a baitcaster.

As far as your line brand goes... you'll still be much happier with Stren.
Or at least I know that I would and I've tried many different types.

Charles "The BassPro" Summers
Anyone remember that ---^

Old April 4th, 2008, 10:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
. ..

Charles "The BassPro" Summers
Anyone remember that ---^

Yes. I don't post much, but have been reading for eight years.

Old April 5th, 2008, 12:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

I think there are actually a few of us still here since rofb's inception. I
rarely post anymore, since I don't have much to report. Maybe Joe will be
nice an offer to take a guy fishing one weekend.

There's a hint in there somewhere... did you see it Joe?

Old April 5th, 2008, 01:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl [email protected]

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 18:02:33 -0500, "Charles Summers"
wrote:

I think there are actually a few of us still here since rofb's inception. I
rarely post anymore, since I don't have much to report. Maybe Joe will be
nice an offer to take a guy fishing one weekend.

There's a hint in there somewhere... did you see it Joe?

If I had my boat down here I would say come on down for a weekend.

Hell, come on down anyway! We can fish off the bank somewhere and
ride around afterwards.

Dan

Old April 5th, 2008, 01:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
. ..
I think there are actually a few of us still here since rofb's inception. I
rarely post anymore, since I don't have much to report. Maybe Joe will be
nice an offer to take a guy fishing one weekend.

There's a hint in there somewhere... did you see it Joe?

I think I'm one of the old-timers here on the group too. I believe I've
been around since 2000 (or thereabouts).

Right now, Joe is up to his butt in alligators, manning the Secret Weapon
booth at the Northwest Sport Show in Minneapolis. I was there to help him
set up and worked in the booth Wednesday and Thursday, but I have other
sponsor obligations and have to be in Madison Wisconsin on Saturday.

We also went around the Rhinelander area and surrounding towns setting up
more Secret Weapon dealers here in Wisconsin. Hopefully it was a fruitful
trip for Joe, he's traveled a lot of miles on this trip.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old April 5th, 2008, 03:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

On Apr 3, 1:41*pm, "Mike Getz" wrote:
I bought a new ultra light weight reel and spooled on some XPS #8
Fluorocarbon, which was brand new. *I had the chance try it out last night,
here's what I noticed and don't know if I got good or bad line. *I noticed
that it would float on the surface sometimes and coil like a phone cord.
The water temps and air temps were low to mid 50's if this helps any.

I tried XPS also with similar results. I found that compared to Stren
in the same line size, much less problems with the Stren flouro.
Also, far less line breakage.