Penns Plus Report

Old September 28th, 2011, 12:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Gene

Default Penns Plus Report

I took last Wed- Fri. Wed I fished The Letort. Thursday I fished
Spring and got one- a 16 incher. Thursday evening I got 3 in front of
the cottages on Penns. They were on the smallish size- Yellow Woolly
buggers were the ticket. Friday I went to Weikert. Got 2 in front of
the cottage there. I size 6 black stone fly and a size 4 red and gold
krystal flash streamer. A lot of fish were rising about noon at the
pool with the bench. I managed to miss 3 but they entertained me.
It rained real hard Friday night so Penns was muddy on Saturday. I
fished Fishing Creek at the conference center. The U of Lock Haven
Fly Fishing Club invited me to join them for lunch and dinner. I
turned them down and between the 6 of us we caught zero fish! The
stream was in excellent shape.

Saturday evening back to cottages on Penns. Got one on a Yellow Woolly
bugger- about 13 inches. Sunday I fished Yellow Creek and missed 3.

Did I mention that I caught 10 on The Letort? Small but it was fun.
Old September 28th, 2011, 05:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
PENZZZ

On Sep 27, 7:43*pm, Gene wrote:
[...]

Penns fished really well on the Monday before you were there. Trout
got really active on top as Slate Drakes hatched in decent numbers.
Landed a lot of trout in the No-Kill and lost quite a few more. This
past
Sunday was much less active, as only a few slate duns hatched. Landed
a couple within minutes during a mini-hatch.

Jeff
Old September 29th, 2011, 12:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

On 9/28/2011 12:27 PM, PENZZZ wrote:
On Sep 27, 7:43 pm, wrote:
[...]

keep these reports coming for those of us who miss getting up there due
to more pressing duties.......Thanks!!!
Tom
Old September 29th, 2011, 04:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Sep 27, 7:43 pm, *wrote:
[...]

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tom- Hide quoted text -

Like the striper run in VA?
Frank Reid
Old September 29th, 2011, 10:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

On 9/29/2011 11:45 AM, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

keep these reports coming for those of us who miss getting up there due
to more pressing duties.......Thanks!!!
Tom- Hide quoted text -

Like the striper run in VA?
Frank Reid

I hope things are settled-down by then(mid-November). Right now, we're
dealing with two grandchildren and their mom, with a torn ankle
ligament. Not fun.
Tom

Old September 30th, 2011, 05:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR[_5_]

On 9/27/2011 7:43 PM, Gene wrote:

Did I mention that I caught 10 on The Letort? Small but it was fun.

Nice. Brings back memories of the old days when I'd drive up from the
DC area and fish those waters.

10? Damn. I've fished the Letort maybe a half-dozen times and caught
fewer than three-four fish....

JR
Old October 1st, 2011, 12:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Sep 29, 4:43*pm, Tom Littleton wrote:
On 9/29/2011 11:45 AM, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

keep these reports coming for those of us who miss getting up there due
to more pressing duties.......Thanks!!!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom- Hide quoted text -

Like the striper run in VA?
Frank Reid

I hope things are settled-down by then(mid-November). Right now, we're
dealing with two grandchildren and their mom, with a torn ankle
ligament. Not fun.

Bummer. Hope everyone gets better. Did you give her a little bell to
call you with?
Frank Reid