Battenkill bound

Old August 27th, 2004, 02:58 PM
GaryM

Default Battenkill bound

The thread Hardy Reels convinced me to break out my little Marquis
underspooled with a #2 WF and underused for, oh, 6 years now. Put it
on my 6 foot 2 weight rod and it cast nicely with not a bit of memory
in the line. Go figure. Got a box of tricos tied. Got my 7x fluoro
ready. Got my tent cleaned. Got my obligatory Hendrix perm.

Weather looks phenomenal for tomorrow. It should hit 60F early and
with luck the tricos will get going and stay going till late morning.
Some pools in the river see 30 fish rising on strong fall and while
there is not much chance of getting into anything over a foot, it is
still a wonderful sight.

Electro-surveying raised a couple of 22" fish this week, so afternoon
and evening could be promising. I hear there's a white fly hatch on
the lower river in NY.

There, I've cursed myself by getting all optimistic and all.

Tight lines,

Gary
Old August 27th, 2004, 03:12 PM
riverman

"GaryM" wrote in message
. 3.44...
Electro-surveying raised a couple of 22" fish this week, so afternoon
and evening could be promising. I hear there's a white fly hatch on
the lower river in NY.

There, I've cursed myself by getting all optimistic and all.

Yikes! I thought that fish were off the feed for more than a week after
electrosurveying. How much of the river did they zap, and why?

--riverman

Old August 27th, 2004, 05:15 PM
George Adams

From: GaryM

Weather looks phenomenal for tomorrow. It should hit 60F early and
with luck the tricos will get going and stay going till late morning.
Some pools in the river see 30 fish rising on strong fall and while
there is not much chance of getting into anything over a foot, it is
still a wonderful sight.

Good luck, Gary. Wish I was going with you. I always loved this time of the
year on the 'Kill. Tricos in the AM, Terrestrials in the afternoon, and
sometimes a good ant fall or BWO spinners in the evening.

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

Old August 27th, 2004, 05:15 PM
George Adams