Further advice please

Old September 22nd, 2004, 09:24 PM
david

Default Further advice please

Well, too advice from here...went back to Mudeford, by the green light, cast
a hook with a mackeral flapper then again with a piece of mackeral.

Went just before dusk and stayed till well dark!

Zilch. Nowt. Nuffink.

Added to which the flipping handle fell off my sons (inexpensive) reel!

What am I doijng wrong? Or is it common to have utterly fruitless trips?
I'm used to airgun hunting rabbits - most trips are a success story.

I fancy popping out again tomorrow, might try Chesil beech (I live in
salisbury). Anyone fancy a trip??

David

Old September 23rd, 2004, 12:42 AM
Derek.Moody

In article , david
wrote:
Well, too advice from here...went back to Mudeford, by the green light, cast
a hook with a mackeral flapper then again with a piece of mackeral.

Went just before dusk and stayed till well dark!

Zilch. Nowt. Nuffink.

Ah well, it happens...

Added to which the flipping handle fell off my sons (inexpensive) reel!

....that too.

What am I doijng wrong? Or is it common to have utterly fruitless trips?

Everyone has a blank from time to time. What are you doing wrong? No idea,
there are a dozen possibilities - you may be able to deduce one from my
response to your invitation (below).

I fancy popping out again tomorrow, might try Chesil beech (I live in
salisbury). Anyone fancy a trip??

Not the Chesil ta, but if you just want to catch a dozen or so reasonable
fish in the general Weymouth/Portland area then OK, I'm up for it - but not
just now, crap tides; however if you were thinking of going towards the end
of next week...

The email address below is valid.

Cheerio,

Old September 23rd, 2004, 11:56 AM
STUART

"david" wrote in message
Well, too advice from here...went back to Mudeford, by the green light,

cast
a hook with a mackeral flapper then again with a piece of mackeral.

Went just before dusk and stayed till well dark!

Zilch. Nowt. Nuffink.

Yes its not uncommon to blank at Mudeford Quay

As you are mainly targeting one species it is less productive
than fishing an area for general fish

Hengistbury head is more a general fishing area
with a variety of fish that take worm

or in very calm weather the large groyne fishes well
either ledgerig or to float ( both fish baits and worm)

Old September 23rd, 2004, 01:58 PM
david

Thanks for that Stuart.

When you say "worm" do you mean rag and flat worm or common and garden earth
worms?

Next time I'll tey Hengistbury then.

David

Old September 23rd, 2004, 01:58 PM
david

Derek, thank you. YHEM.

David
"Derek.Moody" wrote in message
In article , david
wrote:
Well, too advice from here...went back to Mudeford, by the green light,

cast
a hook with a mackeral flapper then again with a piece of mackeral.

Went just before dusk and stayed till well dark!

Zilch. Nowt. Nuffink.

Ah well, it happens...

Added to which the flipping handle fell off my sons (inexpensive) reel!

...that too.

Old September 23rd, 2004, 02:19 PM
STUART

When you say "worm" do you mean rag and flat worm or common and garden

earth
worms?

Rag worm

Next time I'll tey Hengistbury then.

Old September 26th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , david
wrote:
Derek, thank you. YHEM.

Are you getting my emails..?

I'll send another with this subject line.

Cheerio,

Old September 26th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Norman

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 16:04:03 +0100, "Derek.Moody"
wrote:

--

Mr Moody,
I notice from doing a google group search that you have made over

Norman