ROFB Posting Guidelines

Old January 28th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Charles Summers

Default ROFB Posting Guidelines

Posting Guidelines
1.. Introduction
Welcome to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass. This Usenet newsgroup was approved
in February 1996 for information about freshwater bass fishing. The
following guidelines will help you share your bass fishing information,
questions and experiences.
1.. Definitions
1.. Commercial Posts: Posts designed to sell products or services for
profit.
2.. Flame: Comments designed to insult or offend another person.
3.. Primary Internet Service Provider (ISP): The company that gives
you access to the Internet.
4.. Second-tier Internet Presence Provider: The company that gives
your primary ISP access to the Internet.
5.. Sig: A signature block placed at the end of a post. For this
newsgroup, a .sig may contain up to six lines with no more than 76
characters in each line. A .sig begins with a line that contains only "-- "
(dash dash space). For example:
John Johnson
Tiger Lure Manufacturing, Inc.
The only lures you'll ever need!
http://www.tigerlures.com
6.. Spam: Comments, generally cross-posted to many newsgroups, with no
value to this newsgroup.
2.. Notifications
1.. This document, along with the charter, will be posted weekly to
the rec.outdoors.fishing.bass newsgroup.
2.. An addendum to this document will be posted on a periodic basis,
listing all enforcement actions.
3.. Modifications to these guidelines can be proposed and subjected to
vote by the group. No modifications may be proposed within three months of
the most recent vote.
2.. Posting Guidelines
This section explains how to write an acceptable post.

1.. All posts in this newsgroup should be related to freshwater bass
fishing.
2.. This newsgroup is family-oriented. All posts should be written with
that in mind. Profanity is considered inappropriate.
3.. This newsgroup has a diverse membership. Derogatory comments about
gender, age, sexual preference, economical status or ethnic background are
considered inappropriate.
4.. When posting, use plain text. Newsgroups are based on plain text. If
you use HTML or MIME encoding, your post will not be readable by part of the
membership.
5.. When asking for advice, be specific. General questions either get
ignored or receive general replies. For example, if you want advice about
buying a reel, give a price range.
6.. When replying to a post, do not include the entire text of the
original post. Keep only what is relevant. By selectively deleting
unnecessary parts of the original text, you will make your reply easier to
follow. To show where you delete text, the snip notation may be used.
7.. If your reply significantly changes the topic of a message, change
the subject line to reflect the new topic.
8.. It is sometimes difficult to express the feelings that go along with
our words. The following symbols (read sideways) may be used to express
those feelings:
1.. or :-) means a smile or a grin.

2.. or :-( means a frown.

3.. :\ or :-\ means a confused look.

4.. :| or :-| means a blank look.
9.. To save time and space, certain abbreviations may be used:
1.. AFAIC - As far as I'm concerned.

2.. AFAIK - As far as I know.

3.. FWIW - For what it's worth.

4.. IMHO - In my humble opinion.

5.. OTOH - On the other hand.

6.. ROTFLMAO - Rolling on the floor laughing my as@ off.

7.. WRT - With respect to.
3.. Posting Restrictions
This section explains what to avoid when posting.

1.. Spam is not allowed in this newsgroup.
2.. Flames are not allowed in this newsgroup.
3.. Commercial posts are not allowed in this newsgroup. Commercial
advertisements may be posted in rec.outdoors.marketplace.
4.. Advertisments are not allow in this newsgroup. The following is not
considered advertisement and is permitted:
1.. Commercial information placed in a .sig.
2.. Internet site information, including links, placed in a .sig.
3.. Commercial information provided in response to a request for
information. The provided information must be limited to the specific
request.
4.. Directions (link) to another Internet site provided in response to
a request for information. A summary of the information to be found at the
other site should be provided as a courtesy.
5.. Directions (link) to another Internet site if the site has
specific information that would be suitable for posting in this newsgroup. A
brief summary of the specific information must be provided along with the
directions.
6.. Private parties sales of bass fishing items. These may be posted
one time. FOR SALE or FS must be placed in the title of these posts. The
post must state that replies must be by means other than the newsgroup.
7.. Announcements of bass fishing tournaments. These may be posted one
time.

5.. Binary files (pictures or programs) are not allowed in this
newsgroup. Picture binary files may be posted in
alt.binaries.pictures.fishing and then referenced from this newsgroup.
4.. Enforcement
This section explains the actions to be taken to keep
rec.outdoors.fishing.bass consistent with these guidelines and the charter.

1.. Inappropriate posts are generally the result of somebody not
understanding these guidelines or the charter. Efforts to limit
inappropriate posts will be based on that premise.
2.. Enforcement actions will graduate based on the number of similar
offenses:
1.. First and second offense - the poster will be notified of the
specific infraction in e-mail and referred to these guidelines and the
charter.
2.. Third and fourth offense - the poster's primary Internet Service
Provider will be notified of the specific infraction and provided with
copies of these guidelines and the charter.
3.. Fourth and subsequent offense - the poster's second-tier Internet
Presence Provider will be notified of the specific infraction and provided
with copies of these guidelines and the charter. A copy of these
correspondences will also be provided to the primary Internet Service
Provider.
3.. Enforcement actions will be performed by an elected official.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

Old January 28th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Andrew Kidd

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
Posting Guidelines
1.. Introduction
Welcome to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass. This Usenet newsgroup was approved
in February 1996 for information about freshwater bass fishing. The

Am I running a little behind this month, Charles? :-)

--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

Old January 28th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Charles B. Summers

Awareness...

"AJH" wrote in message
The so called guidelines are a total joke.Why waste time posting them?

Old January 28th, 2004, 06:39 PM
AJH

Awareness of what?

"If you go to bed stupid, you will wake up stupid"

Old January 29th, 2004, 01:45 AM
Charles Summers

Awareness that these guidelines exist. Yes, there use to be a time when
these were enforced and people actually cared about the content of this
group.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"AJH" wrote in message
Awareness of what?

Old January 29th, 2004, 02:07 AM
AJH

What went on here a few days ago must have followed guidelines from the
Jerry Sprenger Show..

"If you go to bed stupid, you will wake up stupid"

Old January 29th, 2004, 02:08 AM
John Kerr

ROFB Posting Guidelines
Awareness that these guidelines exist. Yes, there use to be a time when
these were enforced and people actually cared about the content of this
group.
--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
=====
Charles, I stlll care! Thanks for posting them, I believe others care
to. We sometimes get off on tangents, and that is a natural thing I
reckon...we are all human, thank God g. But the underlying theme is
what we all love...and that's bass fishing! Thankfuly in my short tenure
here, that is what I see anyway! I know I read more than I post (a
discipline I am trying to learn g), and that reading has been
informative, and fun! I don't know what the group was like before I
joined, some say it's going down hill, but I still like what I see, so
it's not that far "down"! grin
JK

Old January 29th, 2004, 02:23 AM
Charles Summers