Boat slip question

Old February 2nd, 2004, 04:57 AM
JackTr

Default Boat slip question

Question for the group please: I have leased a boat slip in New
Jersey's largest lake, size is 21' X 8'. I have never used one before.
What is the ideal width of the boat (I don't have that yet) that I
need to fit into the slip space and still have comfortable room for
folks to get in and out of the boat and of course, to protect the boat
properly. And, secondly, what is the best way to secure the boat. The
slip has no protective tires and I'm wondering what kind of lines to
use and how many. Thanks. Jack.
Old February 2nd, 2004, 05:28 AM
J Buck

I have leased a boat slip in New Jersey's largest lake, size is 21' X
8'

Wow, that's a REALLY small lake

New England Patriots, Super Bowl XXXVIII Champions

Old February 2nd, 2004, 06:32 AM

About 7 ft wide I guess, that will give you room to put fenders over the
side(s). 3/8 line nylon should do just fine, bow, stern and spring line
should be all you need. Might go one bigger if you won't visit much or the
marina has lots of wave action that could chafe your lines, but most cleats
on small boats won't take much bigger than that.
Good luck with the boat.
Old February 2nd, 2004, 07:12 AM
go-bassn

Gotta tell ya - that's the first time I ever heard of someone buying a boat
based on the size of a rented slip! Usually it's the other way around.

Kinda like marrying a big, fat woman just because you have a king-sized bed,
isn't it?

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

om...

Old February 2nd, 2004, 03:16 PM
JackTr

Good one Warren. You are probably right. It's just that the slips are
at a premium here, New Jersey just has too damn many people. There's
like one slip left, 21' X 8', so I guess I have to accomodate that
size. I sold my bass boat last Fall and am in the market for another
and I don't feel like lugging it around any more. Wow, way too much
information here. Thanks for the response.

"go-bassn" wrote in message ...
Gotta tell ya - that's the first time I ever heard of someone buying a boat
based on the size of a rented slip! Usually it's the other way around.

Kinda like marrying a big, fat woman just because you have a king-sized bed,
isn't it?

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

om...

Old February 2nd, 2004, 03:19 PM
JackTr

Yea, actually my boat is 1" x 2" and the fish are kind of small too,
1cm x 2cm. Gets kind of crowded, there are 6 boats on my little
fantasy lake. You should see the size of my lures! Thaks, Jack.

Old February 2nd, 2004, 05:52 PM
go-bassn

Good luck to you Jack. I take it you're on Hopatcong? I think that slip'll
accomodate most adequate bass boats in the 19' range. Just make sure you
use bumpers of some sort & as many tie-downs from all angles as you can.
Oh, and cover that boat or it'll turn white from bird poop.

Good Luck!

warren

om...

"go-bassn" wrote in message

Gotta tell ya - that's the first time I ever heard of someone buying a

boat
based on the size of a rented slip! Usually it's the other way around.

Kinda like marrying a big, fat woman just because you have a king-sized

bed,
isn't it?

Warren
--