Help Wanted

Old February 22nd, 2005, 10:56 PM
cally

Default Help Wanted

can anyone recommend a good carp rod of about 2.75Lb test curve for between
fifty and onehundred and fifty pounds????

Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:47 PM
Phil L

cally wrote:
:: can anyone recommend a good carp rod of about 2.75Lb test curve
:: for between fifty and onehundred and fifty pounds????

Fox Warrior...and you should get three for £150!
Very light, very strong and well made, perfect for beginners and experienced
carpers alike.
I have two although I rarely set them both up at the same time, I usually
just use one and go stalking the margins in high summer, far more carp
caught than launching a PVA bag 200 yards!
In spring and autumn I set them both up, usually just with a method feeder
and a hair rigged pellet, again in the margins, this is where they come into
their own, the weeds are no match!
I've also used them for piking up in the Highlands a few times, and for
dragging trout out of the weedy depths of Ullswater.

Have a look he
http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/ProductD...tegoryID/69/v/

There's also some customer reviews on that page too.

HTH

Old February 23rd, 2005, 04:25 PM
Richard

"cally" wrote in message
can anyone recommend a good carp rod of about 2.75Lb test curve for
between
fifty and onehundred and fifty pounds????

A good rod at £50 is the Shimano Hyperloop and you can get those with a
2.75lbTC.

What I tend to do, however, is buy a better quality rod when the makers
launch there new replacement (which they do every few years). Stockists are
then keen to get rid of its the predecessor and you can generally pick them
up for a 'whistle'.

Richard

Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:26 PM
900ft

I would go for the fox warrior too.
Top rod at a low price.

M.

Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:00 PM
Baal

That is probably the soundest advice you will receive.

For the money you state you can a good rod. But use the advice and get a
great one!

Buy Total Carp or another and price them up.
--

Baal

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

http://www.helden.co.uk

Old February 25th, 2005, 08:55 PM
UFO

The chances are you won't find much difference between a 50 quid rod and a
100 quid rod
Just that the 100 quid rod will last a little longer

Try a Matt Hayes TFG Signature rod
Fox rods are over priced and over rated (IMHO)

Old March 9th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Dangbit

"cally" wrote in message
can anyone recommend a good carp rod of about 2.75Lb test curve for between
fifty and onehundred and fifty pounds????

A friend of mine is selling a used Browning Carboxy Rod 3.25lb TC on
e-bay or his web shop:
http://www.twoguysfishing.co.uk

Normally £280 asking £129.

Regards