club tournament today

Old September 26th, 2005, 02:40 AM
Ronnie Garrison

Default club tournament today

My other club fished Allatoona today - only had 8 people, it is the
first time we ever fished it, and
probably the last. Not that the lake is so bad, but you have to drive
right through downtown
Atlanta to get to it from here, not a good trip on the best of days.

My partner and I head right to the place I landed the 3.65 pound spot
two weeks ago in the other
club tournament - not a bite there at first. We tried several things,
went around the point four
different times, finally each of us caught throwbacks, me on a crankbait
and him on a Carolina
rig.

Fished back into the creek where I caught two of my keepers last time,
there was a boat on the
side I wanted to fish so we went in the other. They left so we kept
going. When we got to the
place they had left from we got some bites around wood cover right on
the channel. I got three
keepers on a jig and pig and my partner got two on Carolina rigs. Small
largemouth but keepers.
I wondered if the other boat had caught fish there - maybe they got
their limits and left.

We fished down the bank the other boat had come in on and I got two more
keepers on Carolina
rigs and my partner got one more. I had my limit by 10:30 after not
catching a keeper until after
9. Small fish but a limit. I did have one fish pull off my jig - felt
like a good fish but never saw it,
ran under the boat and just came unbuttoned.

We went to the next spot and my partner got two more keepers on his
Carolina rig - filled his
limit. We went back to the spot where we had the best luck and fished
the last hour but only one
more throwback.

Water was pretty stained, could see a spinnerbait down about six inches.
Water temp was 80 and
air was much warmer. Cloudy and windy all day, but hot and humid.

At weigh-in I expected everyone to have a limit. One other guy did -
said he had a limit on
topwater in less than an hour that morning. We never got bit on top.
His limit weighed 5.55
pounds - typical Allatoona bullets. My partner had 5.48 for second,
mine weighed 5.21 for third
and fourth was 2 fish weighing 3.78.. He also had a 2.56 pound spot for
big fish. One fisherman
had one keeper and another two small spots. Had two zeroes. Pretty
tough day for most.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old September 26th, 2005, 03:33 PM
go-bassn

Y'all gotta schedule a tournament up here Ronnie, the hawgs live up North!
In our club tournament this weekend a 5-0 & 5-11 were weighed in.

Warren ;-)
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

Old September 26th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Ronnie Garrison

go-bassn wrote:

Y'all gotta schedule a tournament up here Ronnie, the hawgs live up North!
In our club tournament this weekend a 5-0 & 5-11 were weighed in.

Warren ;-)
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

Yea - we will drive a thousand miles for a club tournament!

We usually get bigger bass here in January and February - what size bass
are biting there that time of year?

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old September 26th, 2005, 10:01 PM
go-bassn

January? February?

We never mention either of those months & the word "bass" in the same
sentence lol...

WW

Old September 27th, 2005, 12:46 AM
marika

go-bassn wrote:
Y'all gotta schedule a tournament up here Ronnie, the hawgs live up North!

I can drive but you will have to do a very good job navigating because
i don't do really well driving on high speed. do you know the way or
shall i mapquest

mk5000

"of course. i'm a control freak"--oscar de la renta

Old September 28th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Ronnie Garrison

go-bassn wrote:

January? February?

We never mention either of those months & the word "bass" in the same
sentence lol...

WW

Maybe your club could schedule Jan and Feb tournaments here in Georgia.
Last Jan I fished the first weekend in Jan - had a 5.5 largemouth, it
was third biggest, biggest was 6.5. Other club we had only 4 fishermen -
I was in Antartica - but big fish was a 5.5

In February big fish in one club was 4.09, other club two weeks later
was 5.1.

March is fairly good, too - Flint River club had 4.6 but Sportman Club
had a 6.6. April we broke 7 pounds in both clubs.

But September is not real good here. Nov and Dec will be better. Last
year we had three over five in our Dec. tournament.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old September 28th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Lester Mosley

marika wrote:
go-bassn wrote:
Y'all gotta schedule a tournament up here Ronnie, the hawgs live up North!

I can drive but you will have to do a very good job navigating because
i don't do really well driving on high speed. do you know the way or
shall i mapquest

I'll come if the poker statkes are 5/10 I dont care much for the 10/20
games.

Old September 29th, 2005, 05:08 AM
marika

Lester Mosley wrote:

I'll come if the poker statkes are 5/10 I dont care much for the 10/20
games.

This store
http://www.concordmills.com/static/d...-A.C.MOORE.jsp

not only had two truck loads of yarn on sale, they had
a lot of elegant type yarns I don't usually see in
stupid old Wal*Mart/Hobby Lobby, and while alot of it
was still exhorbitant for me, a little was on sale, so
I bought one really nice thing.

mk5000

"matt is spencer tracy. he shows up, says his lines, does his job, and
does his best to make everyone else enjoy the tewelve hours of their
day as well. He's a relucatant movie star, which is good because the
moment you think you have an audience, you're dead"--george clooney