On track for a 2020 ban on sportsfishing?

Old July 25th, 2006, 11:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Default On track for a 2020 ban on sportsfishing?

rw typed:
Fred Lebow wrote:
Perhaps you are correct.
With over population and urban sprawl
And global warming, pollution and all the other issues
Sport fishing will be a thing of the past.

Humans tend to stick their heads up their asses.

snipped political troll

No, no, no, Fred. You just don't get it. The REAL problem is catch and
release fishing.

The *real* problem is top posting.
--
TL,
Tim

Old July 25th, 2006, 03:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Charlie Choc

On 25 Jul 2006 06:55:16 -0700, wrote:

And it will start with the state parks.

----------
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_.../headline/1129
http://www.animalrights.net/archives...02/000019.html
http://www.peta.com/living/AT-Spring1999/actions.html
----------

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer
It is impossible to catch and release a wild trout.

When you and your PETA buddies come to Georgia to shut down put and take fishing
in the state parks, let me know. It should be fun to watch.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old July 25th, 2006, 03:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Charlie Choc" wrote in message
On 25 Jul 2006 06:55:16 -0700, wrote:

And it will start with the state parks.

----------
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_.../headline/1129
http://www.animalrights.net/archives...02/000019.html
http://www.peta.com/living/AT-Spring1999/actions.html
----------

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer
It is impossible to catch and release a wild trout.

When you and your PETA buddies come to Georgia to shut down put and take
fishing
in the state parks, let me know. It should be fun to watch.

Things change......sometimes. It is entirely possible that "sport" angling
is doomed.....eventually. It even seems highly likely to me, for reasons
that it would obviously be futile to go into here.

That said, I agree with you given the time span that timmy has stipulated
for the success of his venture. If the slavering anti-fishing hordes invade
the backwoods of northern Curdistan or da Yoop in 2020 the venture will lend
new and poignant meaning to the term "blood sport."

Wolfgang

Old July 25th, 2006, 05:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Wolfgang wrote:
[...]

That attitude, and basic unpreparedness, is precisely what will win it
for them.

Your pal,

TBone

Old July 25th, 2006, 05:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

wrote in message
ups.com...

Wolfgang wrote:
[...]

Attitude? Did I express an attitude and no one told me? Well, that's just
plain rude.

Your pal,

TBone

Dumbass.

Wolfgang

Old July 25th, 2006, 05:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Charlie Choc

On 25 Jul 2006 09:30:58 -0700, wrote:

That attitude, and basic unpreparedness, is precisely what will win it
for them.

Just because their approach (hyperbole) resonates with you doesn't mean it will
work on a majority.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old July 25th, 2006, 11:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

given that PETA is largely a laughing-stock in the general public, with
little or no traction for their ideas, I would say
(as I did when you stated this stuff 7 years ago or more),
it is VERY unlikely. I merely look around my PA local area at prevalent
attitudes and see two key trends:

1. The tradition of angling is still strong, and pressure to preserve waters
for fishing is still strong
2. Aging populations will, as others suggest lead to a
diminishing pressure upon the resource to the point where
it will be a non-issue.

now, fact 2 could be used to argue that the PETA crowd will win out via
lesser resistance, but I feel much of the resistance to their agenda is in
the pure silliness of the approach and arguments. Time will tell.......
Tom

Old July 26th, 2006, 12:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

I don't want Tim to be right about this, because
****, I like to fish. Work sucks. My kids are grown.
Late in life the only pleasures left are the
the three f's of happines:
family friends and fishing (not fishing fighting and ****ing).
.....or maybe that's the 5 good things left.

But I have to say, despite all that, fishing is starting to lose its
alure.
When I drive up to Wolf Creek to fish the Missouri
and see 100 driftboats launching at once, I just
want to turn around and drive home. I have a lifelong friend
Randy who won't even fish in Montana anymore.

And yes, I know, because I make and popularize
driftboats, I'm guiltier than most. Byt blame isn't the point.
Crowded fishing conditions suck.

And there's a connection lurking there too, between
pain-in-the ass crowded fishing conditions and what Tim's been
talking about.

I remember when my dad and I first started fishing Sough Creek
and the Lamar in Yellowstone in the early 1960s. We'd fish
all week long and see maybe 2- 3 other fishermen.
And we knew all three of them. That's what I really liked about
fishing in
Montana, way back then. And those days are long gone, forever.

That's how I remember it too. There was a time, if you saw someone, or
a car, you were obliged to go somewhere else or make a damned good
effort to go up and around a long way above or below him to fish,
hopefully without him never being made aware of your presence. Fishing
to 'unspooked' fish was a primary quality of the experience. Then, to
was the fishing experience. I remember the first time a 'guide' waded
right through my drift on the frying pan, I'll never forget that. I
don't think that they will ever be successful at eliminating
subsistence fishing, but, pure catch and release and no biological
management justification, will lose, and might lose to a popular vote
if put to it today.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer
Guilt replaced the creel

not too many days ago, i fished lower slough from the lamar junction, up
the lower canyon, and to the 1st parking lot trail...i knew 2 of the 5
people i saw on the water that day. it ain't all gone yet for those that
will look...
Old July 26th, 2006, 12:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Tim J. wrote:

rw typed:

Fred Lebow wrote:

Perhaps you are correct.
With over population and urban sprawl
And global warming, pollution and all the other issues
Sport fishing will be a thing of the past.

Humans tend to stick their heads up their asses.

snipped political troll

No, no, no, Fred. You just don't get it. The REAL problem is catch and
release fishing.

The *real* problem is top posting.

yet another dogmatic republican response g...