Worst Fishing show on TV

Old February 21st, 2008, 10:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mike Getz[_2_]

Default Worst Fishing show on TV

I know I replied in another thread about Steve's Show, This in no way
includes his program. I'd like to hear what others think is the worst
fishing show on TV and why.

Fish TV, WORST fishing show ever. Guys act like giggling school girls. All
they say is whoa, got a big one. Dude holds up a pike and claims it's 30
inches, if this is true then this dude must be 10 feet tall, just compare
his arm length to the size of the fish?

These are the same clowns that were "slaying" 9 inch crappie and calling
them slabs.

Know that I know which one it is I can save myself from them.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 03:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Mike Getz" wrote in message
I know I replied in another thread about Steve's Show, This in no way
includes his program. I'd like to hear what others think is the worst
fishing show on TV and why.

For me, there are three fishing shows I just cannot watch. One is Fishing
with Roland Martin, another is Beat Charlie Moore and the last is The
Dimestore Fisherman. I'm sure there are others out there that absolutely
love those shows, but I just can't watch them.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 22nd, 2008, 05:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Mike Getz" wrote in message
I know I replied in another thread about Steve's Show, This in no way
includes his program. I'd like to hear what others think is the worst
fishing show on TV and why.

Fish TV, WORST fishing show ever.

Well, I really used to like Hank Parker's Outdoor Magzine. I used to have
my DVR set to auto record all his shows. Now its more like Hank Parker's
home movies. Sure his grandkids are some cuties, and every grampa should be
proud of his grandchildren, but I didn't setup my recorder to watch somebody
else's home movies. A few shots of the kids catching sunfish is nice, but
lets get back to the show already.

P.S. I still use some of the stuff I learned from some of his earlier
shows.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Pat_RI[_2_]

Totally agree. I still like Infisherman/Linders even though they really
push Berkley products and rapalas but they do have informative shows.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mike Getz[_2_]

Roland's show is pretty bad, endless promotion. Beat Charlie moore is also
a must miss fishing show, no value to an angler. Never heard of Dimestore
Fisherman, but none can compare to the crapfest known a Fish TV

Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rich P

Sorry if this is a repeat, I just realized my date on my computer was on
2002 when I could not see my original post.

I recently caught a show done by Roland Martin's son Scott and it sucked.
Also there was a show with this fat guy, I think it was "Bass Fishing
University" or something and that show sucked too. I hate the shows where
all they do is land little fish, talk about how big they are and barrage you
with commercials. I can stand some of that if they show you some new
methods or try to share information (like Bill Dance does). If I learn
something I'm OK with the show but if it's just a big promo for their
sponsors I don't like that at all.

There's a show in NJ done by these two guys who are editors of NJ Angler
Magazine and they generally do an excellent job. It's a sal****er show but
they're always giving details about the how, where and what, and they also
land some nice fish. their names are Darren Doris and Bill Donovan. Every
show gives some information about fishing for different species of fish in
the waters around NJ but much of it can be applied up and down the coast. I
use some of the same techniques for stripers and blues (the bluefish episode
could have been filmed on my boat, I even use the same topwater plug they
were using - a chug bug).

Here's a link to their show, you can watch them right online.

http://www.njangler.com/tvshow.php

Hope you enjoy. And I will find the time to check out Steve's show very
soon.

Rich P

Great thread.

Old February 24th, 2008, 07:18 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

Pat_RI wrote:
Roland Martin is the worst it is just one big promotion.
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

I have the most trouble with Shaw Grigsby's shows these days. I just
can't stand the way he uses the trade names of products like real words.
He doesn't say "my line" he says "my sufix". He doesn't say "I'm gonna
need the pliers to get this hook out", he says "I'm gonna need the Van
Stalls" to get this hook out. Last year, those two sentences would have
included Stren and Gerber. I find it way over the top, and actually
can't watch the show because of it. Shaw's a great guy, and super
fisherman. In real life, he's great to talk to. But his entire monologue
on the shaw is product plug.
Old February 24th, 2008, 11:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty

I agree. Bill Dance has been accused of being an infomercial, but he's
pretty tame compared to Shaw, who comes off as a total fake. I think Charlie
Ingram behaves similarly to Shaw.

Old February 25th, 2008, 06:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Hank Parker aired a show two weeks ago , he was fishing my Wiggle rig
when he could not catch them any other way, he tossed it out, (and
nailed the bass "every time") but he didn't give the name of the rig (he
just said this "bungee thing" every time he used it) (I personally gave
Hank these rigs), I have spoken to him many times about the problem I am
having with Mojo, so He just fished it on his show, and gave neither of
us the credit or the endorsement. (he is close friends with the owner of
Mojo) but he used the very wording of my patent when describing it.

He was shooting the show about the Berky sinking minnow, and was sight
bed fishing for S. mouth, when he could not get the first to hit the
minnow, he tossed my rig out , and nailed the fish. Most of the time he
was catching the bass on the sinking minnow alone, but when a fish would
not hit it, or anything else, he tossed out the Wiggle rig.

That show was not promoting me or the rig, at least not directly. He was
also Honest about the Berkly (who was paying him) not always catching
the fish. This was not a sell out by Hank to his sponsors

--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control