fly fishers as elitists

Old June 12th, 2004, 03:29 AM
snakefiddler

Default fly fishers as elitists

so the guys i work with in the campus library have been teasing me about fly
fishin, saying that now i won't hang out with the "regular" fisherman
anymore, and that i'll start fishin with the upper echelon of the
university, and will start wearing tweed........ and other **** like that.

what gives? ya'll got a reputation or somethin? ;-)

snakefiddler

Old June 12th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Ken Fortenberry

snakefiddler wrote:
so the guys i work with in the campus library have been teasing me about fly
fishin, saying that now i won't hang out with the "regular" fisherman
anymore, and that i'll start fishin with the upper echelon of the
university, and will start wearing tweed.......

You'd better stay away from the tweed and stick to dildos,
thongs and bikinis if you want to keep these old lechers
interested in your tyro escapades.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old June 12th, 2004, 04:17 AM
Wayne Knight

"snakefiddler" wrote in message

what gives? ya'll got a reputation or somethin? ;-)

only me and kenny, we're elititists, the rest of y'all are just average joes
and joesephines.

Old June 12th, 2004, 06:11 AM
rw

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
snakefiddler wrote:

so the guys i work with in the campus library have been teasing me
about fly
fishin, saying that now i won't hang out with the "regular" fisherman
anymore, and that i'll start fishin with the upper echelon of the
university, and will start wearing tweed.......

You'd better stay away from the tweed and stick to dildos,
thongs and bikinis if you want to keep these old lechers
interested in your tyro escapades.

As you know, Ken, I loathe you, but I have to admit that's pretty good.

Old June 12th, 2004, 06:25 AM
Particle Salad

Hell yea. It's actually not so bad here, but 8 times out of 10 I walk into
any of my local flyshops... sheesh.

Old June 12th, 2004, 06:58 AM
rw

I'll tell you what, snakefiddler: Catching fish is pretty easy when you
will stoop to any damn method -- worms, power bait, minnows, roe sacks,
spinners, dynamite, bleach, whatever it takes. Flyfishing is altogether
different. After you've put in your dues, which takes years, you'll
sometimes outfish the lower classes and always have more fun and
satisfaction in the doing. Until you understand that, you are not a
flyfisherwoman. Tell your poaching, meat fishing, bait slinging
coworkers to go **** themselves. :-)

Old June 12th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Chas Wade

rw wrote:
I'll tell you what, snakefiddler: Catching fish is pretty easy when
you
will stoop to any damn method -- worms, power bait, minnows, roe
sacks,
spinners, dynamite, bleach, whatever it takes. Flyfishing is
altogether
different. After you've put in your dues, which takes years, you'll
sometimes outfish the lower classes and always have more fun and
satisfaction in the doing. Until you understand that, you are not a
flyfisherwoman. Tell your poaching, meat fishing, bait slinging
coworkers to go **** themselves. :-)

Well said.

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/w...ome.html-.html
San Juan Pictures at:
http://home.comcast.net/~chasepike/wsb/index.html

Old June 12th, 2004, 12:55 PM
snakefiddler

"Chas Wade" wrote in message
rw wrote:
I'll tell you what, snakefiddler: Catching fish is pretty easy when
you
will stoop to any damn method -- worms, power bait, minnows, roe
sacks,
spinners, dynamite, bleach, whatever it takes. Flyfishing is
altogether
different.

of this i have no doubt.

After you've put in your dues, which takes years,

glad i got a lot of em ahead

you'll
sometimes outfish the lower classes and always have more fun and
satisfaction in the doing. Until you understand that,

having already experienced the challenge of the basics, i can understand why
you would make that statement- and i look forward to the day that i can
boast competency, much less great skill. meanwhile i will take my
satisfaction in the learning process, the occasional catch, and the
wonderful experiences surrounding the activity.

you are not a
flyfisherwoman.

ah, have no doubt, r.w.- i'm on my way

Old June 12th, 2004, 01:03 PM
snakefiddler

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
.. .
snakefiddler wrote:
so the guys i work with in the campus library have been teasing me about

fly
fishin, saying that now i won't hang out with the "regular" fisherman
anymore, and that i'll start fishin with the upper echelon of the
university, and will start wearing tweed.......

You'd better stay away from the tweed and stick to dildos,
thongs and bikinis if you want to keep these old lechers
interested in your tyro escapades.

come on forty- give the rest of the guys more credit than you give
yourself.........

hey, kennie, will i get a chance to fish with you in october? i'll looking
forward as HELL to meeting you...... you know, one of those morbid curiosity
things

snakaefiddler

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old June 12th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Ken Fortenberry

rw wrote:

I'll tell you what, snakefiddler: Catching fish is pretty easy when you
will stoop to any damn method -- worms, power bait, minnows, roe sacks,
spinners, dynamite, bleach, whatever it takes. Flyfishing is altogether
different. After you've put in your dues, which takes years, you'll
sometimes outfish the lower classes and always have more fun and
satisfaction in the doing. Until you understand that, you are not a
flyfisherwoman. Tell your poaching, meat fishing, bait slinging
coworkers to go **** themselves. :-)

As you know, Steve, I loathe you, but I have to admit that's pretty good.

--
Ken Fortenberry