Freeman Auctions Summer Vintage Tackle Auction - July 17th, 10:00AM

Old May 27th, 2004, 04:45 AM
Freeman Auctions

Default Freeman Auctions Summer Vintage Tackle Auction - July 17th, 10:00AM

Location:
Auction to be held at the Stout Auction House located in Williamsport,
Indiana. Three hours south of Chicago and one hour north of
Indianapolis.

See our Website for full color catalog and online absentee bidding!
WWW.FREEMANAUCTIONS.COM
Paper catalog available also for absentee bidding by mail / fax.

Heddon / Airex Summer Auction Highlights
Heddon Wilder-Dilg #11portrait box (Dilg's own), 100+ Heddon lures in
boxes, several Heddon "research" lures in lots, down leaping boxes, 9
total dealer display panels, 2 large display cases, one of Heddon
"pal" construction process, other is the entire molded lure production
process with stock colors and custom colors. These 2 pieces as well as
most of the other Heddon dealer panels come with the cardboard boxes
from Heddon. We have Sterling Silver "leaping bass" lapel pins that we
offered from the Factory to the Manufacturing Representatives that
were executive gifts for tackle dealers & distributors. We also have a
Heddon flag that was custom made for the factory for COHO tournaments
in Michigan (these flags were known to only number around a dozen in
production and we have one in mint condition). We have dealer cartons
of Heddon lures (these are 1/4 of the master carton, Heddon lures came
from the factory in 4 boxes of 12 (48 total) for the Master Carton).
One complete Master Carton of lures (48 total). Multiple sets of
Heddon "fish prints" in Heddon factory envelopes. Several confidential
price list for Heddon products in many different years, including
Armed Forces. Lots of Heddon paper goods (factory stationary and other
confidential sales information). Heddon catalogs starting in 1926 and
working up to the 1970's. Approximately 40-50 Heddon rods in the
original bags and tubes with all stickers and shrink-wrap on cork
handles, in mint condition. Heddon Mark 2,3,4 & 5 in all styles and
configurations, Heddon #17 fly rod, #315 Heddon Steel rod in bag in
excellent condition. Many reels in boxes never used and in mint
condition in all styles (Carter Patent, Heritage in all numbers,
Spinning & Casting in all sizes). Several other reel manufacturers as
well (Shakespeare tournaments & others). Other lures manufactures will
be represented also; South Bend, Creek Chub & Shakespeare. Gus Habich
catalogs from the 20's in mint condition. Airex will make a very
strong appearance in this Auction, all of the Airex items are
virtually museum grade in quality. Reels; all of the 300 series reels
in boxes; Mastereel, Larchmount, Bach Brown, Apache, Mastercast,
Eldorado, Impala, Beachcomber, Masterspin, Vagabond, Vic, Meisselbach
Ablette. We have the following kits complete in the boxes with all
contents complete: Mastereel Deluxe outfit, Aristocrat Outfit &
Spinster Outfit. Airex Rods; 130, 135, 245, 250 & Eldorado. Lure sets;
#577 gift set & #594 gift set. Counter dealer display #297 (6 large
eel skin lures), 608 dealer display with 12 "Tippy" lures. Many Airex
catalogs, single lures and accessories. Hoffman 1100 wooden tackle
box.This is auction will feature some extremely rare items from
Heddon, our consignor had approximately 60% of all the Heddon tackle
that was sold for many years move through him as a manufacturers
representative, this gave him unlimited access to these unique items
which we are offering at auction. This is only a partial
representation of the entire auction, please visit our website or
order a paper copy of the catalog for a full listing.

Directions:
Stout's Auction House is the brown building on the east side of State
Road 28 in Williamsport, across from the John Deere tractor dealership
lot. Need a landmark? The town's new red-white-and-blue water tower is
in our backyard.
From Chicago and the north: take US 41 south to State Road 28, then
follow 28 south toward Williamsport.
From south, east or west: at the junction of Interstate 74 and State
Road 63 near the Indiana/Illinois border follow 63 north to State Road
28. Take 28 east through Williamsport. The closest hotel to the
auction site is the new Attica Motor Lodge (765-762-3699), five
minutes from the facility. Danville, Illinois hotels are 25 minutes
southwest of us and offer a wide selection. Lafayette, Indiana hotels
are a 30 minute drive northeast and offer both high end hotels
(University Inn, Hilton Garden Inn) and plenty of less expensive
lodgings. Crawfordville, Indiana hotels are 30 minutes southeast on
I-74.

Terms:
10% Buyer Premium will be charged to all purchases as well as Indiana
Sales Tax (6%). Cash & Check only, no Credit Cards. All announcements
the day of auction takes precedent over printed materials.

Freeman Auctions
13 Freeman Drive
Rossville, Indiana 46065
PH: 765-379-3567