Brown Trout : Smoky Mt.

Old September 9th, 2006, 04:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Mr. Opus McDopus

Default Brown Trout : Smoky Mt.

"Drew Cutter" wrote in message
Found the article on Brown trout. Apparently you are allowed to keep brown
trout ,instead of strictly catch and release.

http://www.imagesbuilder.com/gsmnp/trout-fishing.html

Drew,
Here's the *official* site for the NCWRC: http://www.ncwildlife.org/

I think you can down the entire regs. via Adobe. There should be everything
you need to know about what and where you can fish for trout in NC..

And here is a site that will tell ya about the GSMNP:
http://www.gsmnp.com/pages/fishing.html

Op

Old September 9th, 2006, 07:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Mr. Opus McDopus

"Drew Cutter" wrote in message

Why only a single hook ?

? Only artificial flies or lures with a single hook may be used.

It's the law. Otherwise, I couldn't say, except that they might consider
that trout aren't as likely to survive being hooked by a treble hook. Trout
are especially sensitive fish.

Artificial flies are for fly fish only streams.

Artificial lures are fly fish or spinning rod fishing.

Op

Old September 9th, 2006, 08:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Mr. Opus McDopus

"Drew Cutter" wrote in message
Would a multi fly rig be allow under this rule ? since you are using
multiple hooks ? just not on one fly .

Mr. Opus McDopus wrote:
"Drew Cutter" wrote in message
Why only a single hook ?

? Only artificial flies or lures with a single hook may be used.

It's the law. Otherwise, I couldn't say, except that they might consider
that trout aren't as likely to survive being hooked by a treble hook.
Trout are especially sensitive fish.

Artificial flies are for fly fish only streams.

Artificial lures are fly fish or spinning rod fishing.

Op

You can use a dropper rig, but I'm not certain about the number of droppers
permitted?

Op