BPS Hook are NOT for tournament anglers...

Old October 20th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Rodney

Default BPS Hook are NOT for tournament anglers...

Thundercat wrote:

Rodney said it, so it must be true. All the times i have lost a hook
in the rocks (ie: Round Valley) must have been my imagination. My
bad...Sure you can see down 30+ feet and see exactly what you are hung
on, but my eyes musta been playin' trix on me.

I said it was "rare" to actually get a hook snagged in rocks,, a hook,,
not the weight,, I'm sure you were fishing with a bare hook, or just a
soft plastic on it in, 30 feet of water, (yeah right) perhaps you were
using 4# test,, then you might break off before getting a "hook" loose
from rocks. Hooks do not bite into rocks, most are small enough if the
line can get through the cracks, then the hook can, now a bead, or a
swivel, they can easily get stuck in rocks, but mostly you weight hangs
up in rocks, well at least they did, we have pro's fishing rocky lakes
and pre fish and fish up to 3 tournaments on the same weight,, they look
like hell after three weeks of the rocks, but they are still snagless.
These pro's are not snagging their hooks either.

If you don't believe me, ask Bassdozer, some of you know him I think.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Old October 20th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Charles B. Summers

Not!

As far as I know, Rodney hasn't said a thing in a long while! He and Albert
was battleing it out in my kill-file the last I heard. But if he said that
its' rare that a hook can get hung on a rock, then he just aint fishing.
Well, fishing those little Bill Dance ponds is "technically" considered
fishing.

"Thundercat" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:28:27 -0500, Rodney . wrote:

Rodney said it, so it must be true. All the times i have lost a hook
in the rocks (ie: Round Valley) must have been my imagination. My
bad...Sure you can see down 30+ feet and see exactly what you are hung
on, but my eyes musta been playin' trix on me. I've lost all kids of
stuff to whatever it is that 'looks' like rocks over there. Maybe I'll
get a sample and have Rod ID whatever this bottom cover is for me.
/sarcasm

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Old October 20th, 2004, 01:51 AM
go-bassn

Hey! They can't be in your killfile - they're in MY killfile! Life's been
great since they left. They're probably out fishin for catfish & pike in
Alice's canoe.

Warren ;-)

.. .

Old October 20th, 2004, 01:52 AM
go-bassn

Charles, I gotta agree with Chris - hesent me a few red Daichii's & I won a
tourney with em last weekend. They are super sharp. Fished the flippin
tube & the Ozmo on em & was pretty impressed.

Warren

"Charles B. Summers" wrote in message
t...
I was just kidding Chris... but I appreciate it!

"Chris Rennert" wrote in message
Truthfully Charles, the last extras I had went to Warren a couple weeks

ago.
I would do it in a second if I had some extra. I actually have to get a
bunch of them over the winter to restock before the season starts again.

Chris
"Charles B. Summers" wrote in message
Think I'll pick some of these up next time I'm at Bass Pro Shops*. I

wish
would have saved that other hook just to show them... but I doubt the
girls
at the Customer Service desk would have a clue anyway.

*Unless you want to send me some free ones! LOL

"Chris Rennert" wrote in message
Charles,

With money on the line, for me it is Daiichi , and nothing else. If

was
going for a line class record, Daiichi, if I was in the bassmasters
classic,
Daiichi. I have used so many different hooks, Gamakatsu are have too
light
of wire, I don't like the cutting edge of Mustad or Eagle Claw, to me

the
points bend to easy.
I guess I can't say enough about them, and wish I could send everyone
free
ones to try just so they knew as well!

Take care,

Old October 20th, 2004, 01:55 AM